Register Private Sector Services Complaints
The private sector is the largest free and open market in the world. This sector provides various services & products along with the largest employment opportunities. It is vastly connected with all the 3 tiers of sector & market:
- Primary sector/market – Agriculture, minings, raw materials, etc.
- Secondary sector/market – Manufacturing, Infrastructure, etc.
- Tertiary Sector/market – Services sector (goods, tourism, IT services, etc.)
Note – Most people consume the goods & services from these 3 sectors & markets to complete the demand for daily & luxury necessities. Many of them face a lot of problems with the products & services that get from these markets.
Most of them don’t know and are not aware of their consumer rights. They even don’t know how & where to register complaints about these products & services that they get from any companies or service providers
List of the Some Categories of Services Provided by the Private Sectors:
- Electricity Complaints
- Telecom Companies complaints
- Consumer Complaints
- E-commerce services-related complaints (Amazon, Flipkart. Nykaa or any other)
- Mobile/Smartphone/Electronics Companies
- Foods and Beverage Companies
- IRCTC complaints
- Finance Services related
- Private Banks Complaints
- Stock Market related
- Logistics Delivery Services
- Bus/train/air Ticket Booking Complaints
- Online Reservation/Booking Portal complaints
- Airlines related
- Hotel/Tourism related companies
Remember – Consumers must know that every company or service provider has to provide a customer care number or grievance redressal mechanism for their products & services. If you don’t find any option then you can approach to Consumer Commission/Court.
Important – Complaint Hub has provided mostly all the details of the customer care numbers of different companies & service providers and also updating daily about the new changes & updates of the consumer grievance redressal mechanism.
Visit the below posts of the different private companies & service providers to register complaints to their concerned department using the helpline number & online complaint portals & links.
If your complaint is not resolved or unsatisfied with the redressal, You can file a grievance to the Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission/Court. All the information is provided in the posts, read carefully & follow the procedure with the accurate information.
Caution – Always Be Aware of Frauds & Cheating and Try to Know Your Consumer & Fundamental Rights