Download the ComplaintHub App

Download the ComplaintHub App

ED, A&N Islands: Register an Electricity Complaint about Electricity Department, Andaman & Nicobar?


Electricity Department, Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Electricity Department, Andaman and Nicobar Islands

Andaman and Nicobar Electricity Department is owned by the government of India. It is engaged in electricity distribution and supply services in the islands of Andaman and Nicobar. It has separate zones and electricity generation plants for each island where electricity services are available because each island is not directly connected to land. A & N island comes under the union territory of India and all services related to power supply come under her.

Sub-divisions of electricity supply in Andaman and Nicobar:

Notice - Be alert! Don't share the financial or banking details and don't share OTP to customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.
  • North Andaman
  • South Andaman
  • North Nicobar
  • South Nicobar

Have your complaints about the Electricity Board of Andaman & Nicobar or any related issues? 

In Andaman and Nicobar DISCOM, you can lodge complaints related to electricity bills, transformer issues, meter defects, new connections, electricity theft, supply problems, and smart meter glitches. The primary categories of issues include billing disputes, supply concerns, and other technical problems related to power supply & online services.

You can register all these complaints to divisional offices or further to the head office of the A&N Electricity Department.

If not resolved, then you may escalate the submitted electricity complaint to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) and other relevant authorities.

How to File a Complaint of Electricity Department, Andaman & Nicobar Island?

The Andaman and Nicobar Electricity Department has customer care numbers and electricity helplines, ensuring 24×7 accessibility for registering complaints. To register a complaint about the ED, A&N, follow the instructions below.

Grievance Redressal Information:

Grievance Fee ₹0/- (No charges)
Complaint Redressal Time Immediate (24×7) or may take 7-30 days (Based on the Issues)

Escalation Matrix:

Level 1: Complain to Customer Service/Divisional Office, Andaman and Nicobar Electricity Department through:

- Advertisement -
  • Toll-free customer care number
  • Email/WhatsApp
  • Online complaint submission
  • Visit your nearest sub-station

Level 2: Head Office of Electricity Department, Andaman and Nicobar

Level 3: Escalate the complaint to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF), ED A&N Islands

Level 4: Appeal to Electricity Ombudsman, Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (JERCUTS)

Level 1: Customer Service, ED, A&N

Contact customer service using the electricity helpline number and online portal:

For other online services of ED, such as new electricity connection, ownership changes, meter connection, or download application forms, log in or register your account with the Electricity Department portal.

Visit Nearest Sub-Station: Additionally, You can locate your nearest power sub-station (divisional office) and file your complaint in person.

For more details, contact your divisional officers:

Division Officers, ED Contact information
Executive Engineer (HQ) Phone: +913192232593
Executive Engineer, Nicobar Division (ND) Phone: +913192233190
Executive Engineer, Rangat Division (Rural) Phone: +913192274335
Executive Engineer, North Andaman Division (NAD) Phone: +913192278172
Executive Engineer (NRSE) Phone: +913192250577
Executive Engineer, Power Generation(PG) Phone: +913192240197
Executive Engineer, South Andaman Division (SAD) Phone: +913192232549

Level 2: Nodal Officer, HQ

If your complaint is not resolved within 7 working days at Level 1, escalate the disputed matter to the Nodal Officer at the Headquarters of the Electricity Department.

You may write a grievance letter or send an email with the following details:

  • Connection number (if required)
  • Reference ID of the previous complaint
  • Copies of supporting documents

Contact details of the Nodal Officer:

Designation Nodal Officer, Electricity Department of A&N
Phone Number +913192241015, +913192232404 (St. Engineer)
Email, (SE)
Address EE (HQ), Division Office, Mohanpura, Port Blair

Level 3: Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum – CGRF

If your complaint is not resolved within the given resolution period at Level 2, escalate the matter by lodging an electricity grievance to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of the Electricity Department, Andaman and Nicobar.

Required details within the complaint letter:

  • Reference Number: Provide the reference number of your previous complaint filed with the Electricity Board, A&N Islands.
  • Nature of Relief: Clearly state the nature of relief you are seeking from the Board.
  • Documents: Attach copies of relevant documents/bills supporting your issues to validate your complaint.
  • Signed Declaration Form: Include a signed declaration form confirming the authenticity of your complaint.
  • Deadline: Ensure your grievance is submitted within 60 days after the expiry of the resolution period or after receiving the final decision from the Electricity Board, A&N Islands, whichever is earlier.
  • Personal Details: Include your personal information, connection number, and bill details if your complaint pertains to billing disputes.

Acknowledgement Receipt: After submitting the form to CGRF, request an acknowledgement receipt to confirm the successful submission of your complaint to the Forum.

Contact details of CGRF, EoDB of Andaman & Nicobar Islands:

Designation Members, CGRF – A&N Islands
Phone Number +913192244822
Address Office of the CGRF – Electricity Department, Horticulture Road, Haddo, Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar Islands.

Not satisfied with the final order of CGRF?

If your complaint is not resolved after escalating it to the CGRF or dissatisfied with the final order, then you have the right to appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman, Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (JERCUTS) for further resolution.


- Advertisement -

First published on:


Complaint Hub has verified all the information on the post. If you have not found any solution, or information related to your issue, or want guidance to get redressal of any unique problem/complaint then you can connect with us without any hesitation.

You can message us directly from our Contact Us page or mail us at SUPPORT - We will respond to you with the procedure and guidance for your issues to get a faster resolution.

Read the Terms and Conditions to use the information for any commercial or profit purpose (Don't violate the Terms of Use). All the information is provided for self-help and guidance to know the rights of the common people.


User Reviews (0)

Be first to provide a review, share your opinion.


Leave a review

Customer Service
Quality of service or product



Electricity Ombudsman, Karnataka: File a Complaint Against Discoms in Karnataka to Electricity Ombudsman, KERC

JERC for Goa and UTs

Electricity Ombudsman, JERCUTs: File an Appeal to Electricity Ombudsman for State of Goa and All Union Territories


Electricity Ombudsman, Maharashtra: How to Appeal or File a Petition Before Electricity Ombudsman, MERC?

Tata Power-DDL logo

Tata Power DDL – Know Customer Care Number and Register Online Electricity Complaint to Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited