Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is an urban self-governing administrative body also known as the Municipal Corporation of Bangalore. The municipal corporations are recognised as urban local self-governments under the 74th constitutional amendment act of 1992. BBMP is responsible for all the citizen-centric civic amenities/services and public utilities.
The BBMP municipal corporation is divided into 243 Wards. It is also responsible maintenance & development of some infrastructural assets of the Greater Bengaluru metropolitan area.
|Notice - Be alert! Don't disclose the financial or banking details and don't share OTP with any customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.|
The major services of BBMP are zoning and building regulations, hygiene (waste management, drainage, etc.), health (hospitals, PHCs, clinics, etc.), licensing (vendor, building permits, and others), trade, and education.
Public utilities like public open spaces, water bodies (water supply), streetlights, road construction/buildings, parks, municipal schools, and greenery are also managed by the Municipal Corporation of Bangalore.
Administration Talukas and Zones of BBMP (Bangalore Municipal Corporation):
- Bangalore East – Whitefield, Varthur, Krishnarajapuram, and Bidarahalli.
- Bangalore North – Yeshwanthpura, Kasaba, City Circle, and Yelahanka.
- Bangalore South – Uttarahalli, Kengeri, Tavarekere, City Circle, and Begur.
- Zones – West, South, East, RR Nagar, Dasarahalli, Yelahanka, Bommanahalli, and Mahadevapura.
If you have any issues with such public and citizen-centric services then you may use the helplines to file a complaint to the respective department of BBMP. You may also report the problems to the respective Ward offices by control room helpline numbers.
Lodge a Complaint for These Major Issues:
- Road Maintenance – potholes, repair, etc.
- Solid Waste (garbage) related
- Sanitation and cleanliness
- Electrical (streetlight, poles)
- Health Department (hospitals, etc.)
- Revenue Department (property tax, payments, etc.)
- Animal control (street animals & others)
- Forest (tree cutting, illegal activities, management, etc.)
- Town planning – development of new infrastructure, etc.
- Parks & playground management & development
- Lakes – Management & cleanliness
- Welfare schemes
- Estate – building approval, regulations, etc.
- Market & advertisement related issues.
- Education – school management, facilities, etc.
- Storm Water Drainage (SWD) management
- Optical Fiber Cables (OFC)
- Other public utilities & civic services of BBMP.
You may register a complaint about these civic body services & public utilities by toll-free helpline number or e-mail to the respective departments. The mobile app and portals can also be used to file an online complaint where citizens can also track the status of redressal of the issue.
Tips – If the registered complaints are not resolved by the officers of the respective departments of the Municipal Corporation of Bangalore (BBMP) then you may escalate or lodge a grievance to the nodal officers of the concerned department or Public Grievance Officer at the Public Relations Department of Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (HQ).
How to File a Complaint to Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP)?
The residents of the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike also known as the Municipal Corporation of Bangalore can raise issues or any concern about the public utilities and services by using the integrated complaint redressal system of BBMP. You may directly register a complaint to the respective departments to get faster redressal of the issues.
Complaint Registration Fee & Redressal Timeline:
|Registration Fee||No Charges (₹0)|
|Redressal Time Limit||Immediate or up to 3 months (depending on the issue as per the citizen charter of BBMP)|
To know more, read the e-services help of BBMP.
For this, you may call the centralised toll-free helpline number or citizen contact numbers of the control rooms of respective Wards. The e-mail, mobile app, and online portals are also available for citizen-centric services and you may also file an online complaint to the respective departments of the BBMP in Bangalore city.
The Ways to Register a Complaint to BBMP (Municipal Corporation of Bangalore):
- Centralized Citizen Helpline Number
- E-mail the Commissioner’s Office
- Lodge an Online Complaint
- Vigilance Officer – For Unethical Practices
- Unresolved – Public Grievance Office
Residents may use any way to report the issues to the respective departments. The registered complaints will be resolved within the given timeline as per the citizen charter of the BBMP. If the timeline is exceeded but issues are not resolved then you may lodge a grievance to the nodal authorities of respective departments.
Note – If you have any complaint about harassment, unethical practices (corruption, illegal activities, etc.) or misuse of power by the employees or officers then report it to the Chief Vigilance Officer of the Vigilance Department of BBMP.
Tips – For unresolved or unsatisfactory redressal of registered complaints, you may lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance Officers of the respective departments or designated officers (commissioner, Public relations officers, etc.) of the Public Grievance Cell in the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike.
BBMP Helpline Number
If any resident of Bangalore is facing such issues with the services that come under the BBMP then use the centralised citizen helpline number and WhatsApp number to register a complaint. After successful registration, ask and always note down the reference number for further future usage as proof/evidence.
Provide the Following Details to the Helpline Representatives:
- Description of the issues with hints of location & evidence.
- Name and address, (if required only then provide contact number)
- After registration of a complaint, ask for the reference number from the representative.
Toll-Free Citizen Helpline Numbers of Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) to File a Complaint:
|BBMP Toll-Free Complaint Number||1533|
|BBMP Citizen Helpline Number||+918022660000|
|E-mail (for queries & Complaints)||[email protected]|
|Officers’ Contact numbers||Click Here|
|Contact Nodal Officers of Wards||Click Here|
Note – If not satisfied with responses or issues are not resolved by the respective offices of BBMP, may approach the zonal officers or register an online complaint. Further, escalate it to the higher grievance redressal authorities.
BWSSB Water Helpline
Helpline Numbers of Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB):
|BWSSB Water Supply Helpline Number||1916|
|Septic Tank/Sewers Helpline Number||14420|
|Register an Online Complaint (Water)||File a Complaint|
Note – If you have any other issues related to water supply then contact the service station officials of Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB).
e-JanMa Helpline Number
Birth & Death Registration & Certificate Helpline Number (e-JanMA, Govt. of Karnataka):
|e-JanMa Helpline Number
(for Birth/Death Certificate)
Note – For more details, you may visit the e-JanMa, Government of Karnataka.
Zonal Office Contact Numbers & E-mail of BBMP
The contact numbers, e-mail and addresses of the zonal offices of BBMO (Municipal Corporation of Bangalore) for queries, help and also register complaints about the respective Wards.
1. Bommanahalli Zone:
|Address||Joint Commissioners Office, Begur Road, Bommanahalli, Bengaluru – 560068.|
2. Dasarahalli Zone:
|Phone Number||+918022975901, +919480685855|
|Address||Joint Commissioners Office, BBMP Dasarahalli Joint Commissioner MEI layout, Hesargatta Main road, Bagalagute, T. Dasarahalli – 560073.|
3. East Zone:
|Phone Number||+918022975801, +919480685619|
|Address||Joint Commissioners Office, BBMP, Mayo Hall, Bengaluru-560025.|
4. Mahadevapura Zone:
|Phone Number||+918028511166, +919480685464|
|Address||Joint Commissioners Office, Opp Phoenix Mall RHB Colony, Bengaluru – 560048.|
5. RR Nagar Zone:
|Phone Number||+918028605642, +919480683192|
|Address||Joint Commissioners Office, 18th Cross, Ideal Homes Township, R R Nagar, Bengaluru – 560098.|
6. South Zone:
|Address||Joint Commissioners Office, 9th Main, 9th Cross, 2nd Block Jayanagar, Bengaluru-560011.|
7. West Zone:
|Phone Number||+918022975648, +919480685411|
|Address||Joint Commissioners Office, Bhassyam Park, Seshadripuram, Malleshwaram, Bengaluru-560021.|
8. Yelahanka Zone:
|Phone Number||+918022975942, +919480685228|
|Address||Joint Commissioners Office, Bellary Road, Byatarayanapura Near Amruthahalli Signal, Bengaluru-560092.|
You may use these contact details and e-mail to report your issues to the respective joint commissioners of the zone. If you desire, lodge an online complaint using the mobile app or portals as mentioned below.
Register an Online Complaint
Namma Bengaluru is an integrated complaint registration system of the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) where you may file an online complaint. You may also use the mobile app (Saahaya) or portal to register an online complaint about the public utilities and citizen-centric civic services within the jurisdiction of BBMP in Bangalore.
The registered issues will be resolved within the timeline by the respective department. The designated officers will ensure that your problems or request for any services will be resolved as soon as possible.
Links to File an Online Complaint to BBMP (Municipal Corporation of Bangalore):
|Register an Online Complaint (Namma)||File Complaint|
|File an Online Complaint to BBMP||Click Here|
|Mobile App||Android | iOSx|
|Social Media||Twitter | Facebook|
Tips – After successful registration of an online complaint, please note down the reference number (you may also get a message) to track the status. You may also use it to escalate the unresolved issue to the higher authorities.
May be Helpful – Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited
Note – If not satisfied or yet complaints are not resolved by the respective departments even after the expiry of the given timeline (as per the Citizen Charter of BBMP) then you may lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance Officer or higher authority (Commissioner/ Public Relation Officer) of BBMP. Further, you may lodge an online grievance to the IPGRS portal of the Government of Karnataka. Read more from the sections below.
Vigilance – If you are facing any form of harassment, threats, activities of unethical practices, or misuse of power by any official employee or officer, instantly report to the designated Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) of the Vigilance Department, Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike and further you may approach to the State or Central Vigilance Commission.
Follow the instructions and steps to file an online complaint to the respective departments about public utilities (water, electricity, transport, education, schools, waste management, public toilets, etc.) and any other civic body services.
Step 1: Visit the link above to file an online complaint (Namma or BBMP) to the integrated Saahaya portal.
Step 2: Click the register now in the Namma Bengaluru portal and enter your mobile number to verify and log in using the OTP. In sequence, click on the BBMP (Saahaya 2.0) and the ‘create’ button.
On the BBMP portal, click the Grievance Redressal button from our services section then click the raise complaint link. Enter the mobile number to log in or register for Namma-BBMP citizen services.
Step 3: On Namma-BBMP select Grievance Redressal from choosing the service menu. Click ‘raise complaint’ and select the issue you want to register.
Step 4: Fill out the following information in the online complaint form of BBMP:
- Enter the citizen details – Name and address.
- Select the category and sub-category of the issue.
- Provide a brief description of the issue with a hint of proof and references.
- Search and enter the address of the grievance where the issue occurred.
- You may select the ward manually.
Step 5: Upload or share the photo/file and supporting documents (evidence or proof). Finally, submit the online form and note down the reference/complaint number of the submitted form.
Step 6: Log in using your registered mobile number to track the status. If the issues are not resolved, you may escalate them to the higher public grievance officers (commissioner or any designated officer of the respective department) of the Municipal Corporation of Bangalore.
Note – Not resolved or unsatisfied? Lodge a written grievance to the Public Grievance Cell of the BBMP or use the IPGRS portal of the government of Karnataka for faster redressal of your issues. Always provide the reference number of the previously registered complaint while escalating the grievance to the higher PG officers by e-mail or physical application.
Citizen-Centric Online Services
Some useful online services of BBMP in Bangalore city to reduce effort and time and get services at your home. Important citizen-centric services are property tax, Khata certificate (online transfer or Khata services), trade license (online registration for public or citizens), Online building plan approval, tree cutting, online booking of the electric crematorium, road cutting and other services.
Citizen-Centric Online Services:
|Pay Online Property Tax to BBMP||Pay Now|
|Pay the Water Bill of BWSSB||Pay Now|
|All Citizen-Centric Services||Click Here|
|Apply for Birth & Death Certificate||Apply Now|
|Other Online Services in Bangalore||Click Here|
List of Other Important Departments/Services in Bangalore:
- Unique Identification Authority of India (Aadhaar)
- Bengaluru Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC)
- Bengaluru Electricity Supply Company Limited (Bescom)
- Bengaluru City Police
- Bengaluru Traffic Police
Public Grievance Cell, BBMP
The Public Grievance Cell is an office of designated officials to redress the unresolved grievances of the respective departments of Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike. The officers can be the head of the department, joint commissioners of the concerned zones or the commission of the BBMP headquarter office.
If you are not satisfied with the response or resolution provided by the officers of the respective departments or complaints are not resolved within the timeline then you may escalate this complaint by e-mail or writing a grievance application to the Public Grievance officer, Public Relations Department of BBMP. You may also e-mail or contact the officers as mentioned above.
Note – Don’t forget to mention the reference number of the previously submitted complaint and also attach the supportive documents, images, or responses of the officials (if any).
Residents may also use the Janaspandana Integrated Public Grievance Redressal System (IPGRS) of the Government of Karnataka to lodge an online grievance to the PG Cell of the Municipal Corporation of Bangalore. For this, follow the link below.
Links of Janaspandana IPGRS portal to Lodge an Online Grievance:
|Lodge an Online Grievance (Janaspandana)||Lodge your Grievance|
|Track the Status of the Grievance||Click Here|
|Toll-Free Helpline Number||1902|
|Mobile App (Janaspandana)||Android|
- Visit the link and log in or register as a citizen. Click the grievance submission option from the menu and fill out the required information.
- Select the Urban Development department to lodge a grievance about the services or officials of Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike.
- Fill out other information and description of the issue with the reference number of the previous complaint. Attach the supporting documents and responses (if any).
- Submit the form and note down the grievance number to track the status.
Note – If not satisfied with the response then you may submit a representation or may approach the designated higher officers of the department of Urban Development. Further, you may approach the Lokayukta of Karnataka (for unethical practices, corruption charges, harassment, etc.) or may take any legal action by appealing to the concerned tribunal or legal courts.
The Issues that Can be Redressed
The list of major issues that most residents have to face in Bangaluru city for which they want to register complaints to get faster redressal of the issues.
1. Road Maintenance:
- Issues related to potholes, footpaths (broken, holes, etc.), footpath encroachment, water leaks on roads, etc.
- Report if debris removal or construction material removal is required. Register complaints related to road cutting, water stagnation, overhanging cables, and other issues.
2. Solid Waste (Garbage) Related:
- Report the burning of garbage in open spaces, if public dustbins are not cleaned, garbage vehicles do not arrive, or sweeping is not done.
- Issues related to garbage dumps, dead animals, garbage nuisance while transporting, or garbage dumping in vacant sites.
- Report if segregation of waste is not done, garbage transfer is not as per the norms and the area is not kept clean. Complaint against SW Collector/ SWM official of violation of SWM rules.
3. Sanitation & Public Toilets:
- Report if no electricity or water supply, and blockage in public toilets. Complaints related to public toilets cleaning and urination in public/open defecation.
- Complain if streetlight or park lights are not working, streetlights are switched on during daytime.
- Report to BBMP if any electrical junction box is open, earthing issue related to electric poles/panel boards, or have any requirement for new streetlights.
5. Health Department:
- Report to the Health Department if increase in mosquito density, the requirement of spraying, the issue of fogging, or problems of air/noise pollution.
- Raise a complaint if delay in the issue of a trade license or unhygienic premises in the hotel (food, hotel facilities, etc.).
- Report for non-availability of drugs or vaccines, unavailability of staff, unhygienic premises in hospitals, or issues related to birth & death registration in Bangalore city.
6. Revenue Department:
- Raise a complaint about the issues of Khata services (Registration, Transfer, Bifurcation And Amalgamation) or any discrepancy in the Khata certificate and Khata extract.
- Report to BBMP if you are unable to generate the receipt after payment of property tax or for the property tax challan.
7. Animal Control:
- Report for the issues related to animal birth control/neutering of stray dogs, stray/rabid dog bites, or request to BBMP for the anti-rabies vaccination of stray dogs.
- Complaints related to stray cattle, pigs or dogs, and report the unhygienic maintenance of the mutton/chicken/ fish at the stalls. Report for the issues of pet dog licenses (registration, renewal, etc.).
- Report the obstructions by the branches trees, request for the removal of dead/fallen trees, and issues related to snakes/birds/ monkeys.
9. Town Planning:
- Report the issues related to delays in issuing building permits, and noise during the construction of the building.
- Raise a complaint if the construction is not done as per the approved plan (building by violations of law).
10. Parks and Play Grounds:
- Report the issues related to parks/ medians/ circles/islands, or equipment of gym/children’s play in the parks. Any other complaints like environment protection or playgrounds.
- Report to BBMP for the damaged lake fencing, inflow of sewage/drainage water into the lake, misuse of water, and dumping of garbage into the lake.
- Raise a complaint if the lake is not maintained properly, the lake is being encroached on, dumping construction & demolition waste into the lake, or fishes dying in the lake.
- Report if there is insufficient lake security personnel or lake gates are not opened as per the prescribed timing.
12. Welfare Schemes:
- Report the issues regarding SC/ST schemes or schemes related to physically abled persons (PwD), senior citizens, women’s welfare programs, transgender programs, BCM programs, or Onti Mane, etc.
13. Estate Department:
- Report the concerns related to encroachment, BBMP property lease or payment/rent issues, or violation of rules by property leasers.
- Report issues related to flex and banners or illegal/unsafe hoardings on roads or public properties.
15. Other Issues:
- Any other complaints or issues related to the citizen-centric civic services and public utilities of BBMP (Municipal Corporation of Bangalore).
Frequently Asked Questions about BBMP
Q. What is the toll-free citizen helpline number of Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike?
A. The residents of Bangalore may call the citizen helpline numbers 1533, +918022660000 or e-mail [email protected] to get help or register a complaint about Public utilities and civic body services of Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike.
Q. Where can I approach if my complaints are not resolved by the officials of BBMP?
A. You may escalate or lodge a grievance to the Joint Commissioners of the respective zones or may directly contact the Commission of the BBMP by e-mail or contact number. Residents may also write a grievance application to the Public Grievance Cell, BBMP and submit it to the Public Relations Department of BBMP.
If you desire, may lodge an online grievance at the Janaspandana portal (IPGRS) of the Government of Karnataka. Remember, while the escalation of grievances to higher PG officers, mention the reference number of the previously registered complaints.
Q. How Can I Contact the officers of respective Departments of the BBMP?
A. You may visit bbmp.gov.in and select the department from the menu where you may select the department to get the contact details of the designated officers of the respective departments of BBMP. If you have any doubts or want to get help, contact or visit the Public Relations department, Municipal Corporation of Bangalore.
- Manual of Office Procedure – BBMP
- Grievance Redressal – BBMP
- FAQs of E-services by BBMP
- Organization structure of Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike
- Citizen user manual – Janaspandana (IPGRS), Govt. of Karnataka