Kanpur Electricity Supply Company (KESCO) was established in 2000 and is owned by the state government of Uttar Pradesh. It provides electricity distribution services in the regions of Kanpur City.
KESCO provides services in the upper river Ganga in the North, the river Pandu in the South, the I.I.T. campus in the West, and up to the villages of Chakari in the East of Kanpur city. It has more than 5 lakhs of domestic and industrial customers who are getting benefits from electricity services.
|Notice - Be alert! Don't disclose the financial or banking details and don't share OTP with any customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.|
Power supply outages or interruption issues, problems in the billing (arrears, wrong amount or payment), failures of transformers, and other complaints are common issues. You can register electricity complaints by using the official helplines of KESCO.
Divisions of the KESCO for Electricity Supply in Kanpur City:
- Kanpur city
- Azad Nagar
- Dada Naga
- Meharwan Singh Ka Purwa
- Kanpur South
You can call on the toll-free customer care numbers, official helpline numbers, and WhatsApp numbers of KESCO in Kanpur. Also, customers have the option to lodge online electricity complaints by using the portal.
Complaint Registration Fee: No Charges (0)
Grievance Redressal Time Limit: Immediate (24×7) or up to 60 days (depending on the issue)
Note – Complaint not resolved or unsatisfied? You can lodge a grievance with the CGRF Forum of KESCO and further the Electricity Ombudsman, Uttar Pradesh.
Electricity Complaint Helplines for the Consumers of Kanpur Electricity Supply Company (KESCO)
KESCO (Kanpur Electricity Supply Company) has provided many customers care numbers, verified helpline numbers, and e-mails for their customers. You can also register online electricity complaints and WhatsApp to raise your concern. All the verified information is available in the section below.
Provide the following details regarding complaints:
- Connection number
- Name and contact number
- Address of premise/location
- Describe the electricity issue/complaint
Toll-Free Customer Care Numbers, Helpline Numbers of KESCOM for Electricity Complaints:
|KESCO Electricity Complaint Numbers||1912
|KESCO Officials’ Contact Numbers||Click Here|
Tips – If your electricity complaint is not resolved within the time limit, you may lodge a grievance to the CGRF Forum of KESCO.
Links to KESCO Portal to Lodge Online Electricity Complaint in Kanpur
The consumers of KESCO can use e-mail and the online portal to register an online electricity complaint. You can follow the links below to open an online complaint form and fill out the required information & description of the issues. Submit it and note down the complaint number to track the status.
Important Links of KESCO to Lodge Online Complaint about Electricity Services:
|Register Online Electricity Complaint||Click Here|
|Track complaint status||Track now|
|Power Theft/ Malpractices Complaint||Click Here|
|UPPCL Electricity Complaints||Register Now|
|KESCO App||Android | iOSx|
Tips – Electricity complaint is not resolved within the time limit or you are unsatisfied with the final response then approach the CGRF Forum of KESCO.
Useful Online Electricity Services:
|Online Electricity Bill Payment (Postpaid)||Pay Now|
|Smart meter rechange||Click Here|
|Trust-Based Bill Generation||Click Here|
|New Electricity Connection||View/Download (Form)
|Nivesh Mitra||Click Here|
Lodge Grievance to CGRF Forum, KESCO
The Electricity Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum of KESCO was established as per the Electricity (Regulation) Act, 2003 to redress the electricity grievances of the consumers. You can lodge a grievance to the CGRF forum if your electricity complaint is not resolved within the time limit or unsatisfied with the final order of KESCO customer care/officials.
- Write an application and mention the details listed below.
- Name and address, connection number, and phone number
- Name and address of the licensee (KESCO)/distributor division
- Description and proof of issue/complaint
- Reference number of previously registered complaints to KESCO officials/online portal.
- Expected relief from the forum and also attach supportive documents.
- Submit the grievance form to the official address of the CGRF Forum with Rs. 50 Fee (by post, DD cheque, pay online or visit himself)
Address and Contact Details of the CGRF Forum of KESCO
Consumer Grievance Redressal Forums,
Kanpur Electric Supply Company Ltd.,
14/71, Civil Line KESA House, Kanpur – 208001.
Phone No: 05122530010, 05126457209
Fax No: 0512-2530836
E-mail: [email protected]
Tips – If the grievance is not resolved within 30 to 45 days or unsatisfied with the final order of CGRF Form, KESCO then you can file a petition to the Electricity Ombudsman, Uttar Pradesh.
File Petition to Electricity Ombudsman, Uttar Pradesh
The Electricity Ombudsman is commissioned under the Uttar Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (UPERC). You can file a petition if the grievance is not resolved within 30 days or dissatisfied with the final order of the CGRF forum of KESCO.
- The petition must be filed within 30 days after the expiry or final order of the CGRF forum.
- Attach a copy of the submitted grievance form/application to the CGRF Forum of KESCO.
- Click: File e-petition to Ombudsman
- Or download the representation form of the Electricity Ombudsman: Download
- Fill out all the required information.
- Submit it and send it to the official address of the Electricity Ombudsman.
Official Address and Contact Details of Electricity Ombudsman
Vidyut Niyamak Bhawan, Vibhuti Khand,
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow-226010
Phone: +915222720856, +915222720857
E-mail: [email protected]
Note – If you are not satisfied with the final order of the Electricity Ombudsman then you can approach the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity, the High Court of the State, and the Supreme Court of India.
Types of Electricity Complaints
- Electricity Bill is not received or wrong, payment issues, pending bill amount.
- Prepaid/postpaid meter complaints – The meter is not assembled correctly, burnt/stolen, and the meter reading issues.
- No electricity supply, power interruption, and damage to the service line.
- Anonymous – Bent/ broken pole, accidental leakage of current in the pole or home, Loose wire, broken or damaged wire.
- Live service line issues – hung or broken live wire, Torred.
- Failure of Transformer – sudden high or low voltage and fault issues.
- Failure of supply in streetlights or damaged streetlights.
- Report power theft in your zone.
- Any other complaints and problems?
Frequently Asked Questions About Kanpur Electricity Supply Company
Q. What are the electricity customer care numbers of KESCO?
A. The toll-free electricity customer care numbers are – 1912, 18001801912, and the WhatsApp number is – +918287835233 to register complaints.
Q. Where can I approach if an electricity complaint is not resolved by KESCO?
A. You have the option to lodge a grievance to CGRF Forum, KESCO, and further approach to Electricity Ombudsman, Uttar Pradesh.
Q. How can I track the status of the ongoing or scheduled power supply outage by KESCO?
A. You can track the status of the power supply outage at ‘Urja Mitra KESCO‘ and know the electricity interruption in your zone.
- Kanpur Electricity Supply Company
- The procedure of CGRF Forum, KESCO
- Addresses of CGRF Forums
- How to approach Ombudsman
- Uttar Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission