Tripura State Electricity Corporation Limited (TSECL) is an electricity distribution company owned by the state government of Tripura. TSECL has been providing services since 2005 in 8 districts comprising 7 large towns and 875 villages.
It supplies electricity to more than 9 lakh consumers who reside in Tripura. The Department of Power, Tripura, is a constituent of the North Eastern Regional Electricity Board. But, due to many reasons, customers have to face power supply interruptions, issues related to electricity bills, online payment of bills, transformer issues, or other issues with the electricity.
|Notice - Be alert! Don't share the financial or banking details and don't share OTP to customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.
Customers of TSECL can register complaints using the official helpline numbers, e-mails, and customer care numbers. You can also use the online portal to lodge an online complaint. Follow the information below to get a faster resolution of the issues.
Divisions of the Electricity Board, TSECL for Electricity Supply in Tripura:
Tips – If your electricity complaint is not resolved within the time limit or unsatisfied then lodge a grievance to the CGRF Forum of TSECL and further approach to Electricity Ombudsman, Telangana.
Helplines of Tripura State Electricity Corporation Limited (TSECL) for the Electricity Complaints
TSECL (Tripura State Electricity Corporation Limited) has provided various official helplines for their consumers to lodge electricity complaints with concerned departments of the Electricity Board (Eb) in Tripura. You can use verified helpline numbers, toll-free customer care numbers, e-mails, and WhatsApp numbers to register complaints about the issues of electricity services in your region. Also, the online electricity complaint portal can be used to register an online complaint.
Provide the following details to the Customer Care/Office Executive:
- Connection number
- Name of consumer
- Address and Contact details
- Description of the electricity complaint
Toll-Free Customer Care Numbers, Helpline Numbers of TSECL for Electricity Complaints:
|TSECL Electricity Complaint Numbers
|S/D (Local) Official Contact Numbers
|Electricity Theft Report (Helpline Numbers)
Tips – Electricity complaint unresolved within the given time limit or are unsatisfied with the final resolution? Lodge grievance to the CGRF Forum of TSECL in Tripura.
Register Online Complaint to Electricity Board on the Portals of TSECL, Tripura
Consumers who live in Tripura and use the electricity services of TSECL can register online electricity complaints using the online portal. You just need to visit the link and open the online complaint form. Fill out all the required information and submit it to the respective electricity department. You must note down the reference/docket number of your submitted complaint to track the status.
Important Links of TSECL to Register Online Electricity Complaint:
|Register Online Electricity Complaint (Bidyut Bandhu, TSECL)
|File Technical Complaint (Bill or Power Supply)
|Inform Online Streetlight and Power Outage
|Android | iOS
|Twitter | Facebook
Tips – If the electricity complaint is not resolved within the given period or unsatisfied with the final order then you can lodge a grievance with the CGRF Forum, TSECL.
Some Important Online Electricity Services:
|New Electricity Connection Form
|Pay Online Electricity Bill
|Prepaid Meter Recharge
|PM Kusum Scheme (Solar Panel)
Lodge Grievance to Electricity Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of TSECL, Tripura
The Electricity Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of TSECL, Tripura is a grievance authority under the Electricity (Regulation) Act, 2003 where consumers can lodge grievances against the final order or if an electricity complaint is not resolved within the given time limit by the TSECL division of your concerned zone.
- Download the grievance application form of the CGRF Forum: Download
- Fill out the required information.
- Attach a copy of the response to the previously registered complaint to TSECL (If any).
- Provide the docket/reference number of the previous complaint.
- Attach all other supportive documents.
- Submit it to your concerned division of TSECL in Tripura and don’t forget to take the acknowledgment receipt of your submitted grievance form.
Note – If your grievance is not resolved within 30 to 45 days by the CGRF Forum of TSECL or unsatisfied with the final order then you have the option to file a petition to Electricity Ombudsman, Tripura.
File Petition to Electricity Ombudsman (TERC), Tripura
The Electricity Ombudsman of Tripura Electricity Regulatory Commission was established under the Electricity (Regulation) Act, 2003 to take the cases and disputes of the consumers that are not resolved by the CGRF form within 30 days of the time limit or are unsatisfied with the final order.
- Customers must file the petition within 30 days after the expiry of the time limit of the CGRF Forum of TSECL or get the final order from the forum.
- Attach a copy of the submitted grievance form and documents to the CGRF Forum of your division.
- Also, attach a copy of the final order of response (if available).
- Download the representation/petition form of the Electricity Ombudsman: Download
- Fill out all the required information in the given format.
- Attach all the documents as mentioned in the above instruction.
- Attach other supportive documents.
- Submit it to the Electricity Ombudsman at the Official address of TERC.
Address and Contact Details of the Electricity Ombudsman in Tripura
Electricity Ombudsman, Tripura,
Office of the Electricity Ombudsman
Tripura Electricity Regulatory Commission,
Bidyut Bhavan, Bhutoria , Agartala -799001.
Website – www.terc.tripura.gov.in
Contact Details and Official Tripura Electricity Regulatory Commission
Tripura Electricity Regulatory Commission,
Bidyut Bhavan, Bhutoria , Banamalipur ,
Agartala, Tripura (West)- 799001,
Tips – If you are not satisfied with the final order of the Electricity Ombudsman then you may approach the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity, the High Court of the State, and the Supreme Court of India.
Categories of Electricity Issues
The issues related to electricity services that can be submitted to TSECL are:
- Electricity Billing Related – Bill is not received or wrong, arrears, Rebate, wrong reading, or online/offline payment issues.
- Meter related – The meter is not assembled correctly, is out of order/burnt/stolen, and the meter is running fast.
- No power supply, electricity interruption, or failure of supply in your zone due to any reason.
- Safety-related – Bent/ broken pole, broken or damaged wire, leakage of current in the pole or home, Loose wire.
- Service line related – Torred, hung, or broken live wire.
- Transformer burnt or failed – Agricultural, single or three phases, high or low voltage fluctuations.
- Streetlight outage or interrupted supply in the whole area.
- Power theft information – Bypass/misuse of meter, illegal transformer, Misuse of power supply or extra service line by the consumer, or power stealing without connection.
- Any other complaints and problems with electricity services.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tripura State Electricity Corporation Limited
Q. What are the electricity complaint helpline numbers of TSECL in Tripura?
A. The toll-free electricity complaint/customer care numbers are – 1912, 03812353502 and the WhatsApp number is – +919863596081 where you can lodge your complaint to TSECL.
Q. Where can I approach if the electricity complaint is not resolved by TSECL officials?
A. Every consumer has the option to lodge a grievance to the CGRF Forum of TSECL at your divisional office. Then further you may file a petition to the Electricity Ombudsman (TERC), Tripura.
Q. What is the procedure to apply for the new electricity connection?
A. You can apply for the new electricity connection by online portal Bidyut Bandhu or TSECL. After successful registration of your account, you can fill out the online application form to apply for the new connection.
If you want to know the procedure in a detailed format then visit the link: Procedure to release new connection.
Q. How can I track the ongoing or scheduled power supply outage in my area?
A. You can track the status of the power supply outage on the Bidyut Bandhu app of TSECL. Download the app and register your account to track the ongoing or scheduled electricity supply status.