Download the ComplaintHub App

Download the ComplaintHub App

Janaspandana IPGRS – How to Register a Complaint about State Government Offices, Ministries, or Departments to Karnataka Government?


Didn't find any solution? Ask in Complaint Hub Citizen Community, we will help you.

Leave A Review

Customer Service
Quality of service or product
Janaspandana - IPGRS, Govt of Karnataka Logo
Janaspandana – IPGRS, Govt of Karnataka (source:

Janaspandana – Integrated Public Grievance Redressal System (IPGRS) is an integrated grievance platform, launched by the Government of Karnataka in 2021. On Janaspandana, citizens can register a complaint about the ministries/departments of the state, Karnataka State Police, and any government scheme/service including the local government bodies such as municipal corporations or panchayats.

As per the Karnataka Guarantee of Services to Citizens Act (SAKALA), 2011, citizens can also appeal to Appellate Authorities if the government service is not delivered within the specified timeframe.

Notice - Be alert! Don't share the financial or banking details and don't share OTP to customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.
Map of Karnataka with Districts
Map of Karnataka with Districts (source:

The District Offices that are under IPGRS:

  • Bagalkot
  • Bengaluru Urban
  • Bengaluru Rural
  • Belagavi
  • Ballari
  • Bidar
  • Vijayapura
  • Chamarajanagar
  • Chikkaballapur
  • Chikkamagaluru
  • Chitradurga
  • Dakshina Kannada
  • Davanagere
  • Dharwad
  • Gadag
  • Kalaburagi
  • Hassan
  • Haveri
  • Kodagu
  • Kolar
  • Koppal
  • Mandya
  • Mysuru
  • Raichur
  • Ramanagara
  • Shivamogga
  • Tumakuru
  • Udupi
  • Uttara Kannada
  • Yadgir
  • Vijayanagara

Want to register a complaint against government departments/offices in Karnataka? You can register, track and get redressal of grievances online through various modes such as mobile apps, helpline numbers, email, SMS, etc. The appointed Nodal Officer or designated officers can redress the complaint.

How to File a Complaint to Janaspandana (IPGRS), Govt. of Karnataka)?

Karnataka Guarantee of Services to Citizens Act (SAKALA), 2011 has given the right to public services within a specified period by the state government’s Public Authorities, Departments and Local Bodies.

If you have any complaints related to delayed public services, government officials, or the department/ministry then lodge your grievance through the Janaspandana – Integrated Public Grievance Redressal System (IPGRS) portal. If not resolved, you can also appeal to the Appellate Authority of the Department.

Grievance Redressal Chart Flow of Janaspandana - IPGRS
Grievance Redressal Chart Flow of Janaspandana – IPGRS (source:

Some of the Major Departments are:

  • Home Affairs
  • Personnel and Administrative Reforms
  • Finance
  • Public Works (PWD)
  • Housing
  • Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
  • Health and Family Welfare
  • Food and Civil Supplies
  • Other departments

3 Levels of Complaint Escalation (Govt. of Karnataka):

  • Level 1: Designated Officer of the respective Government Office/Department
  • Level 2: Appeal to First Appeal Officer
    • Public Grievance Officer
  • Level 3: Appeal to Second Appeal Officer
    • Head of the Department
    • Chief Minister Office (CMO)

Still, not resolved? If your grievance is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may approach the Chief Minister’s Office (CMO) or the relevant regulatory and statutory authorities.

Note: In situations where disputes persist despite final appeals or interactions with appellate officers of the department, you may pursue legal action within regulatory bodies or judicial courts. Before taking legal action, one must seek assistance from a legal expert to ensure a well-informed and appropriate approach.

Janaspandana Helpline Number

Call at Janaspandana (IPGRS) Helpline Number, Govt. of Karnataka:

Janaspandana Helpline Number 1902
MGNREGA Toll-Free Number 18004258666
Food and Civil Supplies 1967

Note: Have complaints about services or officials of the central government? Register a complaint through the CPGRAMS (Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System).

For faster resolution, you can visit the pertinent government office to formally report the registered complaint and expect a quicker redressal.

File an Online Complaint

Required details to register a complaint online through Janaspandana IPGRS:

  • Complainant information including district and Taluka
  • Nature of grievance
  • Department
    • Ministry/Department and its Line Department
    • Service Name
  • Location of the complaint with details of District, Taluka, and Village/Gram Panchayat (If applicable)
  • Description of the complaint with facts (within 750 characters)
  • Attachments such as supporting documents, images, etc. (In PDF, DOC, DOCX, PNG & JPG format, maximum 30 MB)

Upon successfully submitting your grievance, retain a record of the token number or reference ID to track the status of your complaint and can be used when appealing to higher authorities if necessary.

Details to lodge a citizen complaint online through Janaspandana IPGRS, Karnataka:

Complain online to Janaspandana IPGRS File a complaint
Track grievance status Click to track
Make an Enquiry Click Here (
Mobile App Janaspandana
Android | iOS

Please Note: To collect additional information from government offices or departments in Karnataka, file an online Right to Information (RTI) request with the respective departments or ministries of the Government of Karnataka.


Follow the steps of the procedure to lodge a public grievance online through the Janaspandana – IPGRS portal:

Step 1: Visit the link above.

Step 2: Login/Registration:

  • Click the “Click here to Login” button.
  • Select “Citizen”
  • Enter the mobile number and verify with OTP.
  • If not already registered, Click “New User Registration”.
  • Verify the mobile number and fill out the registration form.

Step 3: Grievance Registration:

  • After successful login, Select “Grievance” from the menu
  • Select “Grievance Submission”.
  • Agree with the statement and click the “Submit” button
  • Fill out the grievance form with required details (as mentioned above)
  • Attach supporting documents (If any)
  • Agree with the statement by clicking the box.

Step 4: Click “Register” to submit the form.

Step 5: Don’t forget to note down the reference number to track the grievance.

Track the status, and check the previously lodged complaints with the Jansapandana from the “Grievance List”.


The list of departments of the Government of Karnataka that are associated with Janaspandana – IPGRS:

  • Governance and Administration: Finance Department, Revenue Department, Law Department, Home Department, Rural Development and Panchayath Raj Department, Department of Personnel and Administrative Services (DPAR), Department of Parliamentary Affairs and Law(DPAL)
  • Social Welfare: Department of Women and Child Welfare, Department of Social Welfare, Backward Classes Welfare Department
  • Infrastructure and Development: Forest, Ecology and Environment Department, Infrastructure Development Department, Water Resources Department, Horticulture and Sericulture Department, Urban Development Department, Public Works Department, Department of Electronics Information Technology Biotechnology and Science and Technology, Housing Department
  • Education and Skill Development: Higher Education Department, Department of School Education and Literacy, Skill Development, Entrepreneurship and Livelihood Department
  • Economic Development and Livelihood: Minorities Welfare Department, Health and Family Welfare Department, Food and Civil Supplies Department, Energy Department, Agriculture Department, Commerce and Industries Department, Tourism Department, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Department, Department Of Public Enterprises
  • Others: Any matters related to government schemes/services that are not associated with the above-listed departments.


First published on:


Complaint Hub has verified all the information on the post. If you have not found any solution, or information related to your issue, or want guidance to get redressal of any unique problem/complaint then you can connect with us without any hesitation.

You can message us directly from our Contact Us page or mail us at SUPPORT - We will respond to you with the procedure and guidance for your issues to get a faster resolution.

Read the Terms and Conditions to use the information for any commercial or profit purpose (Don't violate the Terms of Use). All the information is provided for self-help and guidance to know the rights of the common people.


User Reviews (0)

Be first to provide a review, share your opinion.


Overall (0 out of 5)


Filing a complaint about government hospitals

Where to file a complaint against government hospitals?

Haryana CM Grievance Cell Logo

Haryana CM Grievance Cell: File a Complaint About Public Services, Government Offices, or Departments in Haryana?


HMWSSB: How to File a Water Complaint to Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board?

Chennai City Police Logo

Chennai Police: How to File a Police Complaint and FIR to Chennai City Police?