The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) is a civic body which has constitutional recognition as the urban local self-government under the 74th constitutional amendment act of 1992. On 22 May 2022, three civic bodies East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC), North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC), and South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) were re-unified into a single entity as MCD.
MCD is one of the largest municipal bodies in the world that provides civil services in the occupied area of 1397.3 Sq. Kms in the Delhi. More than 20 million citizens of Delhi and residents are getting civic services and the operations of the MCD are sub-divided into 12 zones in the region of Delhi.
|Notice - Be alert! Don't disclose the financial or banking details and don't share OTP with any customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.|
The List of 12 Zones of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi:
- Central Zone
- City-SP Zone
- Civil Lines
- Karol Bagh
- Keshav Puram
- Najafgarh Zone
- North Shahdara Zone
- South Shahdara Zone
- South Zone
- West Zone
If you are residing in Delhi and facing any issues with the civil services of MCD the category like air pollution, horticulture, solid waste & water drainage management (DEMS), electrical & streetlights, engineering works, project cell (parking), veterinary, property tax, factory license, general branches, public health, cleanliness (Swatchhta), engineering building, or others then you can file a complaint to the concerned department of the MCD.
For this, you may use the integrated grievance redressal system of the MCD where anybody can lodge a complaint from any zone of the EDMC, NDMC, and SDMC civic body at a single platform.
The toll-free helpline numbers, e-mail, and online portals/mobile apps are some digital and instant complaining mediums which can be used to get faster redressal of the issues. You may also write an application to the regional office of the MCD.
The Major Civil Services for Which You May Lodge a Complaint:
- Citizen-Centric: RBD (Registration of Birth & Death), Property Tax (PTR), Community Service Department, and other issues.
- Licensing: Veterinary, Pet dog registration, General Trade & Storage, Factory approval, Health Trades, Hackney Carriage (Rikshaw), Teh Bazari, Hawking (Redi/vendors), and any such other complaints.
- Public Utilities: Cremation/Burial ground, Building plan sanctions/approval (EODB), RTI information, Garbage Vehicles, Waste & Drainage Management, Roads, Schools, Streetlights, Parking, Mobile towers, water, e-waste, Mechanical Road Sweeper, Parks, Online ticket booking (Bharat Darshan), and other complaints about public utilities and services.
- Other Services: Street vendors, Farmhouses functions, CSB and CSC services, Film shooting permission, e-Auction, any civic tax payment, or complaints about such services that come under the civic body MCD.
Note – You may raise all these issues by lodging an online complaint or any other medium as mentioned. If your complaints are not resolved within the given time limit as per the Citizen Charter of the MCD then you may escalate or lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance Cell of MCD.
How to File a Complaint to the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD)?
Residents of the different zones of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) can use the integrated complaint redressal mechanism to raise issues and problems about civil services and public utilities. The toll-free helpline numbers of the centralised control room of MCD is available 24×7 to resolve issue and provide instant support for any emergency services.
You can file a complaint to the concerned nodal officers of the departments of MCD by centralised citizen helpline number, or e-mail, or can write an application at the regional municipality office in Delhi. You may also register an online complaint on the web portal or mobile app MCD311 to save time and money.
MCD – Complaint Registration Fee & Redressal Time Limit:
|Registration Fee||No Charges (₹0)|
|Redressal Timeline||As per the citizen charter of MCD|
If your registered complaints are pending and not resolved within the given timeline as per the Citizen charter of MCD or not satisfied with the final resolution/redressal then you may lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance (PG) Cell of the Department of Public Grievances MCD. You may also use the PGMS portal of Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
MCD Helpline Numbers
The toll-free customer care number, helpline number, and WhatsApp number of the different zones of MCD are available to provide support and call on these numbers to register complaints about Public Utilities and civil body Services.
You may provide the description of the issue, personal details, address, and other information asked by the Customer care officer or nodal officers of the zone. After the successful registration of your complaint, ask and note down the reference/grievance number to track the status which can be used as proof for future reference.
The Toll-Free Helpline Numbers of MCD to File a Complaint:
|MCD Call Center Complaint Number||155305|
|Water Helpline Number||1916|
|Property Tax Application Helpline Number||+911123227413|
|Anti Corruption Helpline Number||+911127357169|
|MCD Civic Centre (HQ) Control Room Contact Number||+911123220016|
|Officers’ Contact Numbers||Click Here|
MCD Streetlight Helpline Numbers
The toll-free helpline numbers, e-mail, and WhatsApp numbers of different zones of MCD to lodge complaints about streetlights/road lights in Delhi.
I. North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC):
|NDMC Streetlight Complaint Number
|NDMC (north) LED Streetlight Dashboard||Click Here|
NDMC Jurisdiction Zones – City SP, Civil Line, Karol Bagh, Keshav Puram, Narela, and Rohini.
II. South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC):
|SDMC Streetlight Complaint Number
|WhatsApp Number||+917827999111, +917827999222|
|File Online Complaint (EESL Streetlight)||Register Complaint|
|E-mail – EESL (Energy Efficiency Service Limited) Helpline||[email protected]|
|SDMC LED Streetlight Dashboard||Click Here|
SDMC Jurisdiction Zones – Najafgarh, West, Central, and South Zone.
III. East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC):
|EDMC Streetlight Complaint Number
|SMS/Missed Call Alert Number||+919930767253|
|EDMC LED Streetlight Dashboard||Click Here|
EDMC Jurisdiction Zones – North Shahdara and South Shahdara.
You can use these helpline numbers to report the issues and problems of streetlights to the concerned zones of MCD.
Contact Numbers & E-mail of Zonal Office of MCD in Delhi
Contact Numbers and E-mail of Different Zones of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi:
|MCD Zone||Contact Number & E-mail|
|Keshav Puram Zone||+911127183138
|Narela, New Delhi Zone||+911127283262
|North Shahdara Zone||+911122824647
|South Shahdara Zone||+911122303700|
Note – If you are not satisfied with the final response or have not resolved the complaint within the given time limit by the concerned officers or department of the MCD then you may lodge an online grievance to the Nodal Officers and further approach the PG (Public Grievance) Cell to get faster redressal of your issues.
File an Online Complaint
The easy and fastest way to register a complaint about the public utilities and civil body services that residents of Delhi can use is the online portal and mobile app of MCD. You can file an online complaint by filling out the online grievance registration form and also track the status of the redressal of the issues.
You may also use the reference number of the registered complaint for future purposes such as to escalate the grievance to higher Public Grievance Officers and the PG Cell of the MCD. Always provide accurate and detailed information about the issues with supporting documents/evidence.
The Links and Portals to File an Online Complaint to MCD:
|Lodge an Online Complaint (MCD 311)||File Complaint|
|E-mail (MCD Web Support)||[email protected]|
|Mobile App MCD 311||Android | iOS|
|Social Media||Twitter | Facebook|
You may use a mobile app or web portal to file an online complaint. To know the procedures and other instructions, read below.
Tips – You may file an online RTI to seek any required information from the concerned department of the MCD that can be helpful as evidence and supportive document to get faster redressal of the complaint in your favour.
The Instructions and Procedure to File an Online Complaint to MCD:
- Visit the link to file an online complaint from the table above.
- Fill out the following information in the online form:
- Complaint details – Complaint category, subject, description of the issue/problem, select the zone and enter your address.
- Complainant/Applicant Details – Name, mobile number, and e-mail of the complainant.
- Attach the supportive document, evidence, or any proof (if any).
- Submit the online complaint form and note down the reference number to track the status. It can be used as proof if your complaint is not resolved within the given timeline.
Note – If not satisfied with the response/redressal or the complaint is not resolved within the timeline (pending) then you may lodge an online grievance to the Public Grievance Cell of the MCD with supportive evidence. For corruption or unethical practices, you may report to the Vigilance Office, MCD.
Important Online Civic Services
Some important and useful online MCD civic body services may save your time and effort with the minimal requirement of documents that make it the easy and faster procedure of approval.
The major services are – Public utilities, licensing, Citizen centric services, civic body/property tax payment, death & birth certificate application, and many other services of different zones that come under NDMC (north), SDMC, and EDMC which are unified as MCD.
The Links of Online Public/Civic Services of Different Zones of MCD:
|North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC)||NDMC Online Services|
|South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC)||SDMC Online Services|
|East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC)
||EDMC Online Services|
MCD Tax Payments and Other Services:
|Pay Online Property Tax||NDMC | SDMC | EDMC|
|Apply Online for Birth & Death Certificate (RBD)||NDMC | SDMC | EDMC|
For any other online services of MCD, you may visit the official website from the above links of each zone.
Vigilance Office, MCD
If you are facing any form of harassment, corruption, or unethical practices (bribery, threatening, misuse of official powers, etc.) then the Vigilance Office, MCD is the nodal authority to redress such cases and complaints.
You may report by a written application, call the appointed Vigilance Officer, or write an e-mail to the concerned Chief Vigilance Officer of the Department of Vigilance in Municipal Corporation of India.
The Ways to Submit a Complaint to Vigilance are:
- Signed complaints (including personal information)
- Anonymous complaints (unknown/without personal details)
- Pseudonymous complaints
- Source information
The E-mail, Contact Number, and Address of the Vigilance Office of MCD and Designated Members:
|Designation||Contact Number & E-mail|
|Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO)||+911123227622
|Director of Vigilance in MCD||+911123227653|
|Asstt. Director of Vigilance-I||+911123227619
Address: Vigilance Department of Municipal Corporation of Delhi,
26th floor, S.P. Mukherjee Civic Centre, Delhi-110002.
You may use the above address and contact details of Vigilance officers to submit a written complaint or may e-mail with some evidence and supporting documents.
Note – If your complaints are not redressed or not satisfied with the action of the officer, may escalate the complaint to the State Vigilance Commission (NCT of Delhi) and further to the Chief Vigilance Commission (CVC) of the Central Government.
Public Grievance (PG) Cell, MCD: Lodge an Online Grievance
If your complaints are not resolved within the timeline by the concerned departments/officers of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi and its zones as per the rules mentioned in the Citizen Charter or not satisfied with the final response or redressal of the problems then you may lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance Cell of MCD.
For this, MCD has an integrated grievance redressal mechanism for all the zones of the MCD. You can lodge an online grievance on this portal.
Links to Lodge Online Grievance to MCD:
|Lodge an Online Grievance to MCD||Lodge Grievance|
|Track the Status of the Grievance||Track Status|
|File Complaint about Advertisement||Click Here|
|File Complaint about Parking Management||Click Here|
Procedure to Lodge an Online Grievance:
- Visit the link to lodge an online grievance from the above table.
- Fill out the required and mandatory information:
- Applicant Details – Enter the personal details (Name, address, contact number, etc.)
- Grievance Location Details – Enter the address of the location of the complaint.
- Grievance Details – Select the type of grievance, category, sub-category and subject of the complaint. Provide a brief description of the issue with a hint of evidence.
- Upload the supportive documents and provide the details of the previously registered complaints to the concerned zones.
- Finally, submit it and note down the grievance number to track the status. You may also use the reference number for future usage.
Note – If your grievance is not resolved or you are not satisfied with the final response then you may lodge an online grievance at the Public Grievance Monitoring System (PGMS) to the Government of NCT of Delhi to demand an enquiry about the concerned department of MCD.
Major Issues of Civic Services
The major issues that most residents of Delhi face in the day to day life and want get faster redressal from the MCD:
- Major Complaints About:
- Biomedical waste/health hazard waste removal
- Burning of leaves
- Complaints related to property tax
- Encroachment on the public property
- Complains regarding schools (MCD)
- Maintenance and upkeep of children’s park
- Issues of voter id
- Mosquito menace
- Non-burning of streetlights
- Removal of garbage
- Stagnation of water
- Unauthorised/Illegal construction
- Unauthorised advertisement boards
- Engineering Related:
- Building plan sanction
- Complaints regarding bridge/flyover/subways
- Complaints regarding playgrounds
- Complaints regarding traffic island
- Covering of manholes
- Any form of damage to the electric poles
- Desilting of canals and drains
- Disposal of removed silt on the road
- Electric shock due to streetlight
- Removal of demolition waste/malba
- Environment Management Services:
- Absenteeism of door-to-door garbage collectors and sweepers
- Broken Bins, burning of garbage and leaves
- Any other complaints pertaining to Environment Management.
- Health Related:
- Cleanliness of toilets in the shopping complex and theatre.
- Complaints regarding public toilets, dispensaries, and cremation grounds.
- Complaints regarding the quality of food in hotels and unauthorised restaurants.
- Death of the stray animals.
- Dogs, mosquitos, and flies menace
- Improper sweeping
- Illegal slaughtering and improper transport of meat and livestock.
- Issue of birth and death certificates
- Public health – dengue, malaria, etc.
- Roadside eateries
- Complaints regarding slaughterhouses, stray cattle, and stray pigs.
- Transfer station smell and unsanitary conditions on the road
- Unauthorised sale of meat and meat products.
- Others – Complaints about any civic body services that are not mentioned in the list but come under the MCD.
Frequently Asked Questions about MCD
Q. What is the toll-free helpline number of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi?
A. The toll-free helpline number of MCD is 155305 and the property tax helpline number is +911123227413 which can be used to file a complaint about the issues.
Q. Where can I lodge a grievance if my complaints are not resolved or unsatisfactory response from the officers of MCD?
A. You may lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance Cell of the MCD or can use the PGMS portal of the Govt. of NCT of Delhi to file a complaint to the Director of Public Grievance, MCD. The vigilance office is the authority where you may report any form of harassment, corruption, or unethical practices by the employees and officers of MCD.
- Municipal Corporation of Delhi
- Grievance Registration User Manual – MCD
- Right to Information – RTI, Delhi