About: The Directorate of Public Grievances (DPG) in the Government of India’s Cabinet Secretariat helps in obtaining responses to unresolved grievances regarding some Central Government Departments and Organizations.
DPG can assist you in obtaining a reply and resolution to your complaints from the concerned department or organization.
|Notice - Be alert! Don't disclose the financial or banking details and don't share OTP with any customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.|
Complaints relating to the following matters are not within DPG’s purview:
- Related to Policy matters
- Related to Commercial contracts
- Related to Decisions involving court cases judgment/decision or matters pending in Court
- Related to Service matters (excluding payment of terminal benefits like gratuity and GPF)
- Frivolous complaints
Grievance Fee – 0/– (No charges)
Complaint Redressal Time: 15 Working Days (Average) after receiving the complaint
If you had not registered any complaint on Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System then visit CPGRAMS to lodge a complaint.
Important DPG Portal Links for Grievance Redressal or Complaint Registration
If any person wants to lodge a grievance to DPG then you can visit these links and can fill out the complaint form.
|Official DPG Complaint Link||Register Now|
|Log In to lodge a Grievance||Login|
|Send Reminder/Clarification||Click Here|
|Track Complaint Status||Track Now|
|Advisory of DPG (Read)||Click Here|
Mailing Address, if you want to Submit your grievance by post or offline or in DropBox:
The Postal Address is:
Directorate of Public Grievances,
Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India,
First Floor, Jeevan Vihar, Sansad Marg, New Delhi – 110001.
Head of Organization: Secretory
Phone: 011-23345545, 011-23017075
E-mail: [email protected]
Need More Information? Visit: Trusted Source – Write to us (DPG)
Procedure to Lodge Grievance to DPG:
Step 1: Visit this link of DPG: Click here
Step 2: Select the lodge grievance from the left side and click on this link.
Step 3: Select the Sector of grievance.
List of the sectors to lodge grievances to DPG:
- Civil Aviation
- ESI Corporation
- National Saving Scheme
- Passport Authority
- Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Provident Fund
- Transport & Highways
- Urban Affairs & Employment
- Youth Affairs
Step 4: Enter the date of cause of grievance. and choose the options.
Step 5: Choose yes for the concerned authority and choose no for any tribunal and court approach.
Step 6: Enter the grievance description within 4000 characters. Provide the details of your grievance that is not resolved by the concerned department or are unsatisfied with the resolution.
Step 7: Enter your personal details in the personal details section of the complainant. (Name, Address, Mobile Number, Residence address, E-mail, and other details)
Step 8: Click on the submit form. Take the reference number to track the status of your grievance.
Need More Information? Visit: Trusted Source – Public Grievance Office
Required Details for Redressal of Complaints
- Provide details of grievance with copies of related documents.
- Details of earlier attempts and resolved grievances by the grievance redressal mechanism of the department.
- Information of filed any appeal against any previous decision of the organization or department, before any court, tribunal, or consumer forum.
- Include the identity and postal address, e-mail address, and telephone/mobile number.
- Mandatory to put your signature or thumb impression on the letter.
- The postal address of DPG or the procedure for lodging a grievance online is available below.
The procedure of Redressal of Complaints/Grievances
- DPG will check and review the aspect and gravity of the complaint. It will refer it to the concerned departments.
- Based on this, it seeks a reply from the department or organization or transfers the grievance who direct deals with the matter. (Departments reply within 30 days)
- This process takes 15 working days of receipt of the grievance.
- After the completion of the process, you will get an e-mail with details of the redressal of grievance and actions that are taken on your complaint.
The Following Central Government Ministries, Departments, or Organizations are under DPG’s purview for complaints:
Complaints Related To:
- Indian Railways
- Posts Office of India
- Telecom Sector
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
- Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL)
- Urban Development
- Delhi Development Authority (DDA)
- Land and Development Office (LDO)
- Central Public Works Department (CPWD)
- Directorate of Estates
- Directorate of Printing
- The Department of Publications
- The Ministry of Urban Development
- Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Balmer Lawrie and Co Limited
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- Bongaigaon Refinery & Petroleum Ltd.
- Cochin Refineries Limited
- Engineers India Limited
- Gas Authority India Limited
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- Indraprastha Gas Limited
- Indian Oil Corporation
- Lubrizol India Ltd.
- Madras Refineries Limited
- Numaligarh Refinery Limited
- Complaints related to Civil Aviation
- Air India
- The Airports Authority of India
- Road Transport & Highways
- The National Highways Authority of India
- Public Sector Banks
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Industrial Development Bank of India Ltd.
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Small Industries Development Bank of India
- State Bank of India
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Public Sector Insurance Companies
- GIC of India
- Life Insurance Corporation of India
- National Insurance Company Ltd.
- The New India Assurance Company Ltd.
- The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd.
- United India Insurance Company Ltd.
- National Saving Scheme of Ministry of Finance
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organization
- Regional Passport Authorities of India
- Complaints related to Central Government Health Scheme
- Central Board of Secondary Education
- Complaints related to Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
- the National Institute of Open Schooling
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
- Complaints related to Central Universities
- Scholarship Schemes of the Ministry of Education
- Deemed Universities (Central)
- ESI Hospitals and Dispensaries are directly controlled by ESI Corporation under the Ministry of Labour
- Youth Affairs
To know more and want to complain about a specific department or organization click on the concerned link and get details to lodge a complaint in one click.
Please provide your valuable rating and review of the guideline that is provided on our website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Services of the Directorate of Public Grievance (DPG)
Q. How many days does DPG take to resolve the grievance?
A. It may take 30 days after receiving the application form of your grievance.
Q. Which type of complaint does DPG accept?
A. DPG accept the complaints of the public sector or department that comes under its purview. You can check the above list of departments.
Q. Is it necessary to first lodge a complaint in the concerned department before approaching DPG?
A. Yes, you must have to file a complaint in the concerned department then if your complaint is not resolved or unsatisfied. You can lodge a grievance to DPG against the concerned department that comes under DPG.