Download the ComplaintHub App

Download the ComplaintHub App

GWSSB: How to Register a Water Complaint with Gujarat Water Supply and Sewerage Board


Didn't find any solution? Ask in Complaint Hub Citizen Community, we will help you.

Leave A Review

Customer Service
Quality of service or product
Gujarat Water Supply and Sewerage Board (Source:

Gujarat Water Supply and Sewerage Board (GWSSB) is a statutory body established by the Government of Gujarat to provide water supply and sewerage services in the state. It is responsible for services of safe and consistent water supply. If you are experiencing problems with your water supply or sewage system, register a formal complaint to GWSSB to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Citizens may report any water supply problems, including:

Notice - Be alert! Don't share the financial or banking details and don't share OTP to customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.
  • Low Water Pressure: Water trickles from taps rather than flowing fully.
  • No Water Supply: Complete disruption of your water service.
  • Contaminated Water: Water that appears dirty, has a strange odour, or tastes unusual.
  • Leakages: Water leaks from pipes, either within your property or in public areas.
  • Billing Issues: Inaccuracies or disputes related to your water bill.
  • Water Disputes: Illegal or unauthorized water connections or borewells.
  • New Connection: Delay or denial of new water connections or meter installations.
  • Sewage: Blocked or overflowing drains or sewers.

Register a Complaint to GWSSB

According to the citizen charter of GWSSB, you can register a water or sewerage complaint through a toll-free helpline number, email, and online grievance form. Additionally, you can also write a complaint letter to the local Water Service Station (Water Works).

Here’s how you can register your water supply complaints:

  • GWSSB Helpline Number: Call the toll-free water helpline number 1916 or the complaint number +917923220859.
  • Online Complaint Registration: File an online complaint at New Water Complaint to GWSSB and fill out the online complaint form. You’ll need to provide your contact information, address, and the nature of your complaint.
  • Email: You can email your complaint details to GWSSB at or
  • In-Person: Visit the nearest GWSSB office or Water Service Station and submit the written complaint

While submitting a complaint letter or online form, you should provide the following information:

  • Name, address, and contact number of the complainant
  • Location, date, and time of the issue
  • Nature and severity of the issue
  • Any other relevant details or evidence as supporting documents such as copies of bills, photos of meters, etc.

You will receive an acknowledgement receipt or ticket number for the lodged grievances to GWSSB. To track the status, you can use this reference ID.

If your submitted water complaints are not resolved within a specified timeframe to the expectations, escalate your complaint to the higher authorities at the next level.

Please note: For the violation of consumer rights, you may file a consumer complaint against GWSSB to the National Consumer Helpline (NCH) or the State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission for Gujarat.

Complaint Escalation

Gujarat Water Supply and Sewerage Board has a three-level escalation mechanism to resolve complaints. If your initial complaint is not resolved, here’s how to escalate the issue:

  • Level 1: The complaint is registered and assigned to the concerned Executive/Assistant engineer or officer of GWSSB at the Regional Water Service Station/Water Works for immediate action.
  • Level 2: If the complaint is not resolved within the expected time or you are not satisfied with the resolution, escalate to the higher authority of GWSSB at the Zonal Office, such as the superintendent engineer or the chief engineer.
  • Level 3: If the complaint is still not resolved or you are still not satisfied, the complaint can be escalated to the Nodal Officers of Public Grievance Cell at the Head Office of Gujarat Water Supply and Sewerage Board, such as the member secretary or the chairman.

To escalate your unresolved water complaints to higher authorities, you can lodge an online public grievance to the Appellate Officer of GWSSB through the “Gujarat Samadhan – Public Grievance Redressal System (PGRS)” of the Gujarat Government.

For unresolved complaints or serious concerns about water supply services in general, the District Collector in your area may be able to intervene to resolve the issue.

Remember: When escalating a water complaint, provide a record of the date, time, complaint reference number, and the names of officials you have spoken with.

Contact Details of GWSSB Officials

Citizens can also contact the respective Chief/Executive Engineers at the Zonal Office or write to head office to escalate the unresolved water supply complaints in your regional offices. These are the phone number, email, and address of each zone, control room, and head office of GWSSB in Gujarat.

1. Citizen Control Room

Water Complaint Number 1916, +917923220859
Complain online to GWSSB File a complaint

2. Zonal Office, GWSSB

Office, GWSSB Contact Details
Zone 1, Vadodara Phone: +919978406836
Address: Second Floor, Jalsevabhavan, GERI Campus Racecourse Road Vadodara Gujarat 390007 India
Zone 2, Ahmedabad Phone: +919909931920
Address: 3rd Floor, Jalbhavan, Behind Town Hall, Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad Gujarat 380 006 India
Zone 3, Rajkot Phone: +919978406542
Address: Jalbhavan, University Road, Opp. Sarita Vihar Society, Rajkot Gujarat 360001 India
P. H. Circle, Bhuj Phone: +919978406618
Address: Jalseva nagar, Opp. G.k. G Hospital, Bhuj Gujarat 370001 India
Zone 5, Junagadh Phone: +919978406701
Address: Third Floor, Jalbhavan, Bilkha Road, Junagadh Junagadh Gujarat 362001 India
Zone 6, Surat Phone: +919978406642
Address: First Floor, Jalbhavan, Near Water Tank, Adajan Road, Surat Surat Gujarat 395007 India

3. Head Office, GWSSB

Designation Chairman, Head Office GWSSB
Phone Number +917923251683
Fax +917923254656
Address Gujarat Water Supply and Sewerage Board, Jalseva Bhavan, Sector 10 A, Gandhinagar Gujarat – 382010.

Further, you can approach the Water Supply Department of the Gujarat Government to redress the issues.


First published on:


Complaint Hub has verified all the information on the post. If you have not found any solution, or information related to your issue, or want guidance to get redressal of any unique problem/complaint then you can connect with us without any hesitation.

You can message us directly from our Contact Us page or mail us at SUPPORT - We will respond to you with the procedure and guidance for your issues to get a faster resolution.

Read the Terms and Conditions to use the information for any commercial or profit purpose (Don't violate the Terms of Use). All the information is provided for self-help and guidance to know the rights of the common people.



Filing a complaint about government hospitals

Where to file a complaint against government hospitals?

PHED Water, Rajasthan

PHED: How to File Water Complaints in Rajasthan?

Haryana CM Grievance Cell Logo

Haryana CM Grievance Cell: File a Complaint About Public Services, Government Offices, or Departments in Haryana?


HMWSSB: How to File a Water Complaint to Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board?