About PSPCL – Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) is owned by the state government of Punjab. It provides electricity distribution services in the region of Punjab.
PSPCL has provided its helplines and online portal for its customers to register complaints about electricity services. If you want to lodge your complaint, you should follow the details and procedures that are given below.
|Notice - Be alert! Don't share the financial or banking details and don't share OTP to customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.|
You can know where your approach should be, what are the verified helplines numbers of PSPCL, how to fill online complaint form, and what is electricity Ombudsman. All these details will help you to resolve some issues (Bill, Supply, or Other) with the electricity services of PSPCL.
The PSPCL Electricity Service Circles/Divisions in Punjab:
- Taran Taran
Electricity Complaint Resolution Time & Fee:
|Electricity Complaint Registration Fee||No Fee (0)|
|Grievance Redressal Time Limit||Immediate (24×7) or up to 60 days|
|Citizen Charter (Time Limit for Complaints & Services)||View/Download|
Tips – If your electricity complaint is not resolved by PSPCL within the given time limit or unsatisfied with the final order then you can approach CGRF Forum and Electricity Ombudsman, (PSERC) Punjab.
Electricity Complaint Helplines of Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL)
PSPCL has provided various official helpline & complaint numbers, WhatsApp numbers, and official portals to register complaints about the different issues of electricity services. You can approach PSPCL in two ways to get a resolution of your issue.
First, you can call on the verified toll-free customer care number of PSPCL. Second, you can register your complaint by online complaint form from the official website of the Electricity Board.
Provide the Following Information to the Customer Care Representative:
- Consumer Connection number
- Name of complainant
- Phone Number
- Address of the premise/location
- Description of the issue.
1. Electricity Power Supply & Bill Related Complaint Helpline Numbers
|PSPCL Electricity Complaint Numbers||1912
|Helpline for Corruption Practices||180018001000|
|PSPCL Pensioner Helpline Numbers||View Helpline Numbers|
Circle Office Helpline Numbers of Electricity Board, PSPCL
|Operation Zone||Mobile Number||Landline/Mobile Number|
|Chief Engineer South Zone
(Patiala, Sangrur, Barnala, Ropar, Mohali)
|Chief Engineer Central Zone
(Ludhiana, Khanna, Fatehgarh Sahib)
|Chief Engineer North Zone
(Jalandhar, Nawanshahar, Kapurthala, Hoshiarpur)
|Chief Engineer West Zone
(Bathinda, Faridkot, Muktsar, Ferozepur, Moga, Mansa, Fazilka)
|Chief Engineer Border Zone
(Amritsar, Tarn-Taran, Gurdaspur, Pathankot)
2. PSPCL Electricity Bill Related Helplines & Complaint Numbers
|Operation Zone||Contact Number|
|Amritsar Dehati ( Rural)||9646113005|
|Ludhiana city East||9646101333|
|Ludhiana City West||9646101163|
|Billing and Information Technicals||9646118747
3. PSPCL Domestic/NRS New Connection/Extension in Load Helpline Number
If PSPCL Domestic/NRS’s new electricity connection or extension in load is not released within 7 days from the date of submission of the application, you can register a complaint on these customer care helpline numbers.
|PSPCL Customer Care/WhatsApp Number||9646175770|
Authorities for the Redressal of Complaints of PSPCL
Customers of PSPCL should know that you can approach the three authorities to get a resolution to their complaint.
- PSPCL – If you are a customer of Punjab State Power Corporation Limited, facing any issue with its services, you can complain about its official helplines or online portal. (Mentioned below)
- Electricity CGRF, PSERC – If you are unsatisfied or the complaint is not resolved by PSPCL then customers can lodge a grievance in the Electricity Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum of the Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission.
- Electricity Ombudsman Office, PSERC – If your grievance is not redressed by the CGRF office then customers can file a petition or appeal to Electricity Ombudsman Office, PSERC (Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission).
To get a successful redressal of your complaints about issues with electricity services, you have to follow the procedure. First, you have to approach PSPCL, then CGRF, and if unsatisfied then Ombudsman. Let’s figure out how to register complaints with these authorities.
Lodge Online Electricity Complaint on the Portal of PSPCL, Punjab
The official website of PSPCL is available for various online electricity services, customers can use the online complaint registration portal to lodge their complaints to the concerned authority.
|Register Online Electricity Complaint to PSPCL||Register Here|
|PSPCL App||Android | iOS|
|Social Media||Twitter | Facebook | Youtube|
- Visit the above link for online complaints.
- Fill out the required information regarding your electricity issue.
- Submit it and note down the complaint reference number to track the status of your grievance.
Note – If your complaint is not resolved within the given time by PSPCL or any of its licensees, unsatisfied with the decision or resolution of the PSPCL authority. You can approach Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) and PSERC (Punjab State Electricity Regulator Commission).
Important Links for Online ELectricity Services:
|Online Electricity Bil Payment||Pay Now|
|Apply for New Connections or Services||Apply Now|
|Solar Rooftop Panel Scheme Online Application||Apply Now|
|Direct Beneficiary Transfer Scheme of PSPCL||View DBT Details|
Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF), PSERC to Lodge a Grievance
Electricity Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum comes under Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission and helps to resolve issues that are not resolved by the PSPCL or are unsatisfied with the final decision of your complaint.
If your complaint is not resolved or unsatisfied with PSPCL then you can approach CGRF, PSERC under the Electricity (Regulation) Act, 2003. Now, we will try to know how to lodge a grievance in CGRF to get a successful response or redressal of your issues of electricity.
- Download the grievance form of the CGRF Forum: Download
- Fill out the required information or write an application as per the given format.
- Before submitting a complaint form involving a monetary dispute, you will have to deposit these pending amounts between the consumer and the distribution licensee. Attach a copy of the deposited amount receipt with the complaint.
- Disputed current Electricity Bill amount
- Cases other than above – 20% of the disputed amount other than the current bill
- Keep at least one copy of all your documents and an application to yourself for future reference.
- Attach the required and supportive documents.
- Send it to the CGRF forum of your circle.
- After the successful submission of your grievance, you will get a receipt or grievance number (Reference number) of your complaint.
- Keep the reference number for further requirements.
Regional Office Address and Contact Details of CGRF Forum, PSERC in Punjab:
1. CGRF, Patiala
Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, Patiala
(For South Zone, West Zone, and Khanna Circle)
2. CGRF, Ludhiana
Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, Ludhiana
(For Central Zone (Except Khanna Circle), North Zone, and Border Zone)
220 kV Sub Station, Opp. Verka Milk Plant,
Ferozpur Road, Ludhiana-141001.
If your grievance is not redressed within 90 days after the acceptance of your application, or unsatisfied with the final decision of the CGRF, you can file the petition or appeal to the Electricity Ombudsman Office, PSERC within 30 days after receiving the final decision of expiry of the given period.
File Petition to Electricity Ombudsman, PSERC (Punjab)
If any consumer who had logged grievance in CGRF, PSERC but is not satisfied or decision is pending in the forum for more than 90 days, then you can file a petition or appeal in Electricity Ombudsman Office, PSERC (Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission) under the PSERC (Forum & Ombudsman) Regulations, 2016.
ow, let us know the required documents, details, and procedures to file a successful petition to the Ombudsman. Read carefully and follow all the steps to make your case stronger and cleaner. You must file a petition within 30 days to the Ombudsman Office after receiving the final decision of the CGRF.
- Vakalatnama (To Represent Someone on Behalf of You (Appellant) Available in same format file)
- All the eligible legal documents copies of the submitted application form with attached documents to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum to challenge the appeal
- Copy of eligible and legal supportive documents/Regulations/commercial circular or other materials should be attached in a sequence/based on the ground of appeal.
- The receipt or any documentary evidence of a deposit of 40% of the amount assessed by the corporate forum (the inclusive amount that you have already deposited with the licensee (Electricity Distributor)
If these conditions satisfy your case or complaint then you can submit an appeal or file a petition to the Electricity Ombudsman Office, PSERC. Your case will surely be accepted by the authorities.
Procedure to File a Petition
- Download Petition form or application format: Download
- Fill out the required information in the application/representation form as per the given format.
- Attach a copy of the submitted grievance application to the CGRF Forum of your circle.
- Attach all other supportive documents.
- Submit it to the Electricity Ombudsman at the official address by post or visit himself.
- Note – Keep a copy of the petition form for yourself.
Address and Contact Details of the Electricity Ombudsman Office in Punjab:
The office/court of the Ombudsman, PSERC
66 KV Grid Sub Station,
Plot No: A-2, Industrial Area Phase-1,
S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali) – 160055.
Tips – If you are unsatisfied with the final order of the Electricity Ombudsman then you can approach the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity and the High Court of the State.
Categories of Electricity Complaints and Issues
Some major issues that are faced by many customers are listed below. You can check the details and can find the problem that relates to yours. If your issue is not listed, you can also register your complaint with PSPCL.
Don’t worry! Just follow the steps and procedures to lodge a successful complaint. Complaint Hub is always with you, have any queries/issues? MESSAGE US.
List of PSPCL Electricity Issues:
- PSPCL Electricity Bill – Issue in Amount of the Bill, Pending Arrear, Online Payment Failure, Offline Payment Issue, Rebate in Arrear
- Electricity Supply Issue – Power supply outage, Power off, Domestic Power failure, High or low voltage, Streetlight is not in work, etc.
- Transformer – Failure of Transformer, Blast or Fire, Load enhancement or decrement, or any other issue
- New Connection – Connection is not sanctioned, issue in load or power changing request, online new electricity connection issue on PSPCL portal
- PSPCL Electricity Meter – Domestic Meter failure, defective or broken meter, Industrial Meter issue, or issue with the smart meter or replacement problem
- Emergency Service – Helpline for Accidents due to electricity, Fire in the Field by Live Wire
- Live Service Line – Broken service line wire, sparks in the wire, pole issue or wire leaning on the ground, or any other issue
- Any suggestions/complaints that are not listed (Scheme, compensation, etc.)
Frequently Asked Questions About PSPCL
Q. How can I apply for a New Electricity Connection of PSPCL in Punjab?
A. You can apply for a new electricity connection on the official portal of PSPCL. For it, you can visit PSPCL Consumer Service and choose the type of connection, following the further instructions mentioned on the website.
Q. Where can I register a complaint, If I’m facing any issue related to the New Electricity Connection of PSPCL?
A. If you are facing any issues while applying for a new electricity connection by an online portal or the connection is not sanctioned, you can call on 9646175770 (Or WhatsApp) this number. You can also mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and can register your issue to PSPCL.
Q. How can I pay my PSPCL Electricity Bill online or offline?
A. You can pay your PSPCL electricity bill online by visiting the PSPCL Bill Payment link. Enter the account number, view the bill and pay online by choosing any other method. You can pay your bill offline by visiting the nearest substation of PSPCL.
Q. What are the Electricity Complaint Helpline Numbers of the PSPCL in Punjab?
A. PSPCL has provided various helpline numbers for their customers, you can check the above list. However, for electricity supply and bill related complaints, call on 1912, 18001801512 or WhatsApp on 9646106835 to register your issues.
Q. Where can I register my complaint if the complaint is not resolved by PSPCL or unsatisfied with the decision of the PSPCL or Distributor/Licensee in Punjab?
A. If you are unsatisfied or your complaint is not resolved within the given time by the PSPCL or its Licensee/Distributor in Punjab. You can lodge a grievance in the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF), PSERC. If further not resolved within 90 days or unsatisfied by CGRF, you can file the petition in Electricity Ombudsman Office, PSERC. To know more about the procedure and instructions, read the above-given information.
Q. How can I track power supply outages by PSPCL in my zone or area in Punjab?
A. You can track the electricity supply ongoing/scheduled outages in your area on “Urja Mitra“, you can visit this link and select your zone. Now, select your substation and check your area.