National Housing Bank (NHB) as a public institution was set up in July 1988 under the National Housing Bank Act, 1987 by the government of India for the affordability of housing finance. The vision of the NHB is to promote inclusive expansion with stability in the housing market.
The main objectives of the NHB are to promote a cost-effective housing finance system and a dedicated network of housing finance institutions for housing credit/loan affordability in various income groups.
|Notice - Be alert! Don't share the financial or banking details and don't share OTP to customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.
The National Housing Bank also has the power to supervise and regulate the activities of housing finance institutes and companies. People can lodge grievances to NHB about housing loan complaints, Housing, Finance Companies (HFCs), credit availability, and unethical practices by the housing companies.
Some Common Issues of Housing Loan Payments:
- Housing Loan/ Deposit Account Approval – Document verification by HFCs, non-approval of home loans, rejection without any reason, loan schemes, the refusal of benefits of government loan schemes, and others.
- Home Loan/ Deposit/ Investment/ Payments – EMI, repayment, overcharges, Deposit of money, delay in the EMI payment, balance transfer, investment related, fees/pre-payment related issues with HFCs, and other housing loan complaints.
- PMAY and Other Government Schemes – Non-approval or rejection of housing loan application under PMAY or any other eligible government scheme, rebate in loan payment, unethical practices and corruption in the HFCs, and other grievances that are not redressed by the concerned housing finance companies.
Consumers of housing loans at any Housing Finance Company that is registered under NHB can file a complaint to NHB’s GRIDS portal if the grievance is not resolved by the concerned HFCs. You can lodge an online complaint or e-mail the physical grievance form to the NHB Grievance Redressal Office.
Let us find out the stages to file a complaint about a housing loan to Housing Finance Companies and further to National Housing Bank (NHB). Follow the instructions, guidelines, and right procedure to get faster redressal of the home loan or payment of EMI issues.
File a Complaint about House Finance to National Housing Bank (NHB)
NHB (National Housing Bank) supervises the Housing Finance Companies (HFC) that provide home loans at affordable interest rates to the lower income groups and also higher.
If the complaints about finance, credit, and house loans are not redressed by the concerned HFCs within 30 days then NHB is the authority where customers can lodge a grievance.
Grievance Registration Fee and Response Time by NHB/HFCs:
Grievance Registration Fee: ₹0 (No Charges)
Response Time: 30 days
To Know More, Click Out: Citizen Charter of NHB
Stages to file a complaint about Housing Finance/Loans:
- Housing Finance Companies (HFCs)
- Grievance Redressal Officer of National Housing Bank or CPGRAMS
- CGRO of NHB
- Directorate of Public Grievances (DPG)
- Legal authority or related appellate tribunal.
Let us try to know the official helplines, grievance redressal offices, and online complaint registration offices of HFCS, and NHB. Follow all verified information to lodge successful grievances about housing Finance or home loan.
1. Housing Finance Companies
The Housing Finance Companies where you have taken the loan or want to apply for a new application for a home loan may lodge a complaint to the Grievance Redressal Officer of the HFC.
Every Housing Finance Company has a first point of contact (PoCs)/Nodal Officer where customers can raise their grievances. You may also use the toll-free customer care numbers of these banks to raise your issue. Also, e-mail or file an online complaint about loans, interest rates, payments, and many more.
|Housing Finance Companies (HFCs) First Point of Contact/Nodal Officers
|Nodal Officers/GROs Contact Number/E-mail
Major HFCs and Their Grievance Redressal Officers (GROs) E-mail/Contact Numbers:
|Banks/Housing Finance Company
|Tata Capital Housing Finance Limited
|PNB Housing Finance Limited
|Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC Ltd.)
|Vastu Housing Finance Corporation Limited
|Sundaram BNP Paribas Home Finance Limited
|SRG Housing Finance Limited
|Godrej Housing Finance Limited
|ICICI Home Finance Company Limited
|Manappuram Home Finance Limited
|Motilal Oswal Home Finance Limited
|Muthoot Homefin (India) Limited
*To view more, download the nodal officer’s list.
Note – If your complaint is not resolved by these nodal officers of HFCs/Banks within 30 days then lodge a grievance to National Housing Bank’s GRIDS portal.
2. National Housing Bank (NHB): File an Online Complaint
As per the Grievance Redressal Policy of the National Housing Bank (NHB), if your complaint about the housing finances, deposits, and home loan is not resolved within 30 days by the concerned HFCs/Banks, lodge a grievance to the GRO cell of NHB.
Consumers can use the Grievance Registration & Information Database System (GRIDS) portal of NHB to file an online complaint to the Grievance Redressal Offers/Cell. You can also file a complaint physically mode by submitting a written grievance form at the official address of GRO of the National Housing Bank.
Tips – You may also lodge an online grievance by CPGRAMS to the GRO of NHB.
|Links to File an Online Grievance/Appeal to GRO/CGRO (NHB)
|File an Online Complaint to NHB
|Appeal for Existing Complaint
|Track the Status of the Complaint/Appeal
Procedure to File an Online Complaint to GRC
- Visit the Link to file an online complaint to NHB’s GRC (Grievance Redressal Cell).
- Select the authority (HFC/NHB/ PMAY-CLSS or Others.
- Choose yes or no as per the requirement.
- Fill out all the required information in the online grievance form.
- Upload the documents (If asked or mandatory).
- Submit the form and note down the reference number to track the status.
Note – If your grievance is not resolved within 30 days or not satisfied with the final order then appeal for the existing complaint within 30 days to Chief Grievance Redressal Officer (CGRO) by visiting the link.
Read More: Grievance Redressal Policy of NHB
Tips – If your grievance is further not resolved within 45 days or is not satisfied then lodge an online grievance to the Directorate of Public Grievance (DPG) (About NHB office only) or any legal authorities (Tribunal or courts) against HFCs.
Also Read: – File an Online Insurance Complaint to IRDAI
Steps to Lodge a Grievance by Physical Form
You have the option to lodge a grievance by the physical form to the Grievance Redressal Officer (GRO/CGRO) of NHB. The official grievance form and address are provided in the sections below. Follow the instructions.
- Download the Housing Finance/Loan Grievance Form of NHB: Download
- Take a printout and fill out the form of complaint.
- Write a brief description of the complaint.
- Provide the HFC details and complaint reference number.
- Attach the supportive documents and proof.
- Send the grievance form to the official address of GRO, NHB by post or submit it yourself.
Tips – Keep a copy of the application form for yourself for future reference. If your grievance is not resolved or unsatisfied with the final order then send an appeal with a copy of the previous grievance form to the Chief Grievance Redressal Officer (CGRO), NHB.
Official Address and Contact Details of GRO/CGRO of National Housing Bank
Chief/Grievance Redressal Officer, NHB:
Complaint Redressal Cell,
Department of Regulation and Supervision,
National Housing Bank,
Core 5 A, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi – 110003.
Note – After the final appeal, if you are not satisfied with the final order of NHB, you may approach DPG or legal authorities against the concerned HFCs.
Useful Online Services
Citizens/consumers can use some online services of the National Housing Bank like the ORMIS (Online Reporting Management Information Systems) Portal, complaints under PIDPI (Public Interest Disclosures and Protection of Informer), the PMAY (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana CLSS (Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme) portal, and the PMAY RHISS (Rural Housing Interest Subsidy Scheme) portal. You can use these services as per your requirements. To file a complaint related to the right to information, follow the links from the table below.
|NHB Online Services
|File Complaint under PIDPI
|PMAY CLSS Services/Queries
|PMAY RHISS Portal
Type of Issues
- HFCs: Deposit-related, investment-related, Loan-related (disbursement/terms and conditions, Fees/for closure charges, rate of interest, recovery actions/unfair practices, repayment/prepayment, sanction/processing, or return of original documents).
- PMAY CLSS: Balance transfer, queries, ineligible for a subsidy, partial subsidy, pending with PLI, subsidy not received or under processes within NHB.
- NHB: Capital/bonds/deposit related, human resources issues, project finance/refinance, subsidy claim or vigilance (unethical practices/corruption) related complaints.
- Other complaints about PIDPI (Public information disclosure), PMAY RHISS, etc.