Disney+ Hotstar is an Indian subscription video-on-demand over-the-top streaming service owned by Novi Digital Entertainment Private Limited, a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company India and operated by Disney Streaming, a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company. It offers a wide range of streaming services to its subscribers, including a vast library of movies and TV shows, live sports coverage, original programming, and multiple subscription plans.
The services of Disney+ Hotstar is available in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand.
|Notice - Be alert! Don't share the financial or banking details and don't share OTP to customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.
Have complaints about Disney+ Hotstar? You can file a complaint through the dedicated customer support team by calling the customer care number, sending an email, or engaging in a live chat with support executives.
Resolve issues related to:
- Movies and TV Shows: Problems related to streaming movies, TV shows, and premium services such as Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, National Geographic, and Hotstar Specials.
- Sports: Isses of live sports coverage, streaming major sporting events not only in India but also across the globe. Complaints about sports, including cricket, football, tennis, and kabaddi, and other steaming games on Hotstar.
- Hotstar Subscription Plans: Complaints about monthly, quarterly, and annual plans including subscription payments and transaction failures. Additionally, resolve the disputes with premium plans with exclusive features, such as ad-free viewing.
Not resolved to your satisfaction by Disney+ Hotstar? You can escalate the submitted complaint to the appointed Grievance Officer, Disney+ Hotstar with the support ticket number.
How to File a Complaint of Disney+ Hotstar?
Following Disney+ Hotstar’s customer service policy, the resolution process is structured across 2 levels. To begin, you can report your complaint to the customer support team. If your concern is not resolved at the initial level, the matter will be escalated to the next level of authority for further assistance and resolution.
Grievance Redressal Mechanism:
|No Charges (₹0)
|Within 30 days
|Cancellation/ Refund Period
|Up to 7 business days (Read the cancellation policy of Hotstar)
Levels of Lodging Complaint:
- Level 1: Register your complaint to Customer Service, Hotstar (may take 3 days)
- Toll-free number (if available)
- Complain Online or Chat
- Level 2: Escalate the unresolved complaint to the appointed Grievance Officer for Disney+ Hotstar, Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
Please note: If your complaints about shows and streaming content are not resolved to your satisfaction by Disney+ Hotstar, you have the option to file a TV programme complaint with the Self-Regulatory Body, Digital Media Content Regulatory Council (DMCRC) at Indian Broadcasting & Digital Foundation (IBDF).
Level 1: Customer Care, Hotstar
Initially, if you’re facing any issues with Disney+ Hotstar’s services, you can contact the toll-free customer care number or send an email to report your concerns.
For a quicker resolution, file your complaint online through chat support or by filling out an online form. When registering your concerns, please provide:
- Order ID of subscription plan (if any)
- Nature of the complaint
- Describe the issues such as images of bills/transaction ID, screenshots of content/shows/proof of payment, or any supporting evidence.
Contact customer service to register your complaint:
- Disney+ Hotstar Complaint Number: Click to Request a call back (log in with the registered account)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp: +918104803351
- Complain online to Hotstar: File a complaint
- X (Twitter): @DisneyPlusHS
Tip: Beware of scams, don’t share bank/personal details; use only the official Disney+ Hotstar app for help. Stay safe!
Level 2: Grievance Officer, Disney+ Hotstar
Under the IT (Information Technology) Act 2000, Novi Digital Entertainment Private Limited, the parent company of Disney+ Hotstar, has designated a Grievance Officer for addressing concerns related to streaming services. If your complaint lodged at level 1 is not resolved within given resolution period (3 to 7 days), then escalate the matter to the Grievance Officer.
Send your written grievance letter or email, including following necessary details:
- Reference or ticket number of the previous complaint lodged at level 1.
- Order ID for the specific payment transaction
- Reason for dissatisfaction and expected Relief
- Description of the disputed matter with relevant documents, such as screenshots of bills/shows/content or any other evidence related to streamed content/video.
To file your grievance, send an email to Disney Plus Hotstar at email@example.com. For complaints related to the Hotstar streamings, you can contact Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. at:
|Grievance Officer, Disney+ Hotstar
|Grievance Officer, Disney+ Hotstar – Novi Digital Entertainment Private Limited, Ground Floor, STAR House, Urmi Estate, 95 Ganpatrao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel (West), Mumbai – 400013.
Still, not resolved to your satisfaction by Disney+ Hotstar?
You can register a complaint against Hotstar to these authorities.
1. Digital Media Content Regulatory Council
For the complaints related to digital content, videos, and streamed shows, movies, or TV programmes, you can file a complaint online to Self-Regulatory Body, Digital Media Content Regulatory Council (DMCRC) at Indian Broadcasting & Digital Foundation (IBDF).
Further, you may lodge a public grievance to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB), Government of India through CPGRAMS.
2. Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (Consumer Forum)
If the disputed matter involves monetary losses that violates your consumer right or want to get compensated for the loss, you should file a consumer complaint to these authorities.
- Register an informal complaint to National Consumer Helpline (NCH)
- File a formal consumer complaint to National Consumer Disputes redressal Commission (NCDRC) – Consumer Court/Forum
Finally, if you are still not satisfied with final order then consult with a legal expert know the available legal remedies. Further, you may take legal action against Disney+ Hotstar by approaching the civil court or higher legal authorities.