Mangalore Electricity Supply Company (MESCOM) comes under Karnataka Electricity Board. MESCOM is a subsidiary of Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited (KPTCL) and distributes electricity in the 4 districts of Karnataka. Districts are Dakshina Kannada, Udupi, Shivamogga, and Chikmagalur.
MESCOM was established in 2002 and more than 24.29 lakhs customers are getting electricity services from this company. MESCOM has more than 40 sub-stations in the 4 districts to distribute electricity and provide electricity services to their customers.
|Notice - Be alert! Don't disclose the financial or banking details and don't share OTP with any customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.|
Most customers face issues with the supply of electricity or disruption in power connectivity and any other problems with the services. Some customers don’t even know the right procedure or helplines in their region to register complaints about the electricity services.
You can register complaints about the disruption of the electricity supply and other issues by using the toll-free customer care helpline & complaint numbers of MESCOM. You can also register online complaints using the online complaint form and portal of MESCOM.
Electricity Complaint Registration Fee & Redressal Time Limit:
|Complaint Registration Fee||No Fee (Nil)|
|Complaint Redressal Time Limit (Citizen’s Charter of MESCOM)||View/Download|
Tips – If your complaint is not resolved or unsatisfied, you can lodge a grievance to Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, MESCOM and further you can approach Electricity Ombudsman (KERC), Karnataka.
Electricity Complaint Helplines of Mangalore Electricity Supply Company (MESCOM)
Mangalore Electricity Supply Company (MESCOM) has provided various verified helpline numbers like customer care numbers, WhatsApp numbers, e-mail, and online portals to register complaints about electricity issues. Customers can use any method to get redressal of their complaints. Even if the complaint is not resolved, you can lodge a grievance with the higher authorities of MESCOM.
Provide the following details regarding customer care:
- Connection Number
- Name of the consumer
- Contact Number
- Address of the premise/location
- Issue and complaint
Toll-Free Customer Care Numbers & helplines of MESCOM for Electricity Complaints:
|MESCOM Complaint Numbers||1912
|Regional Office Contact Numbers||Click Here|
|Vigilance Office Contact Numbers||Click Here|
Tips – If an electricity complaint is not resolved within the time limit or unsatisfied, you can lodge a grievance to Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, MESCOM. Use the below information.
Lodge Online Electricity Complaint to MESCOM
MESCOM provides an online complaint registration portal where you can lodge your electricity complaint by filling out the online complaint form. Follow the instructions below.
Important Links of MESCOM for Online Electricity Complaints:
|Register online Complaint||Register Now|
|MESCOM App||Android | iOS|
|Social Media||Twitter | Facebook | Youtube|
- Visit the above link
- Fill out the required information and submit the complaint form.
- Note down the docket number and use it to track the status of your complaint with the mobile number on the same above link.
Tips – If an online electricity complaint is not resolved by MESCOM, you can lodge a grievance to Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF), MESCOM.
You can use the official details of MESCOM to get some services like a new electricity connection, online complaint registration, solar rooftop application, changes or disconnection of any electricity services, rebate in arrear bill amount under the available scheme, or other services.
Online Electricity Services:
|Pay Online Electricity Bill||Pay Now|
|Apply for New Electricity Connection||Apply Now|
|Electricity Tariff Charges||Click Here|
|Solar Rooftop System Application||Apply Now|
|Discounted Energy Rate Scheme||Click Here|
|Jan Sneh Vidyut Sevegalu||Click Here|
Lodge Grievance to Electricity Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, MESCOM
Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, MESCOM is a grievance redressal authority that takes the unsolved or unsatisfied cases against the MESCOM electricity distributor licensee. Consumers can lodge grievances to CGRF under Electricity (Regulation) Act, 2003 and Consumer Rights Act, 2019.
If you are the one whose electricity complaint is not resolved within the given time as per the citizen charter of KERC then you can approach the CGRF of MESCOM. The instructions, information, and procedure are provided in the section below. Use it to lodge a grievance.
- The grievance must be filed within 2 years after response or expiry time limit of MESCOM
- The same case must not be pending in any court or an order is not passed
- Must attach all the required documents and docket numbers
- Download the application form format of CGRF – Download
- Tips – Read the format of page no. 7 of Form A.
- Write down the application form in the given format.
- Attach all the required documents with the application form.
- Send it to the regional office of the CGRF or submit it by visiting himself.
- Tips – Take a copy of the application for yourself for future reference.
Address and Contact Details of CGRF Forum, MESCOM
|Address, Contact Details of Regional CGRF Office||View/Download|
Note – If your electricity grievance is not resolved within 30 days or unsatisfied, you can file the petition to the Electricity Ombudsman, Karnataka.
File Petition to Electricity Ombudsman, Karnataka
Electricity Ombudsman, Karnataka is a higher authority of the Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission where you can file a petition against the final order of the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, MESCOM.
Consumers can file complaints under the Electricity (Regulation) Act, 2003. You can follow the instructions below, the procedure, and the official details to file a complaint successfully.
- The case must be filed within 30 days after the expiry or response of the CGRF
- The same case must not be pending in any court or tribunal and also any order is not passed.
- Copy of the application form that was submitted to the CGRF office
- A copy of the response from CGRF (If available)
- Supportive documents
- Download the application form format of Electricity Ombudsman: Download
- Tips – Take the printout of pages number 15, 16, and 17.
- Fill out or write the application form in the given format.
- Fill out the details on the Nominee of the Representative form.
- Attach all the required documents.
- Send the application form to the Electricity Ombudsman office by post or by visiting himself.
- Tips – Keep a copy of the application form for yourself for future reference.
Contact Details and Address of Electricity Ombudsman, Karnataka
Address: The Electricity Ombudsman
Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission,
No.16 C-1, Miller Tank Bed Area,
(Behind Jain Hospital), Vasanthanagara,
Phone No.: +9108041692617
E-mail: [email protected]
Click Out: Contact details of Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission officials
Tips – If you are not satisfied with the final order of the Electricity Ombudsman., Karnataka then you can approach the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity, The High Court of Karnataka, and the Supreme Court of India.
Types of Electricity Complaints
List of the most common issues of the electricity services of MESCOM
- Failure of Power Supply
- Fuse Off Call
- Line Breakdown
- Line Breakdown (Pole Broken)
- Voltage Complaints
- Opening of Neutral
- Voltage variation
- Meter Complaints
- Inspect and Check Correctness
- Replace burnt meters if the cause is not attributable to the consumer
- Replace burnt meter in all other cases
- Replace slow, creeping and stuck meters
- Electricity Billing Issues
- Reconnection of supply following disconnection
- Payment or arrear issues
- Rebate in arrears
- Wrong billing
- Where field reports are not required
- Where field report is required
- Safety Issues
- Replacement of damaged poles
- Shifting of poles
- Straitening of bent poles
- Tree trimming
- Transformer Failure Complaints
- Mixed Load
- Water Supply
- Electricity Theft
- General Electricity Issues
- Streetlight complaints
- Accidents due to electricity contact (Fire, Animal, Agriculture land, etc.)
Frequently Asked Questions About Mangalore Electricity Supply Company
Q. What are the customer care numbers of MESCOM to lodge an electricity complaint?
A. Customer care numbers of MESCOM are 1912, 18004251917 where you can register electricity complaints.
Q. What is the WhatsApp number of MESCOM?
A. WhatsApp Number of MESCOM is +919483041912 where click and open messenger.
Q. How to pay the online electricity bill of MESCOM?
A. You can click out ‘Quick Bill Payment of MESCOM‘ to pay the online electricity bills. Fill out the account details and pay using any available payment gateway.
Q. How can I track the status of the ongoing/scheduled electricity supply outage in the MESCOM region of Karnataka?
A. To track the status of ongoing or scheduled electricity supply outages, you can click out ‘ Urja Mitra MESCOM‘ where select your region.
Q. How can I apply for the new electricity connection of the MESCOM?
A. Customers can apply for the new electricity connection by clicking out ‘Apply now for new connection‘ and selecting the area of electricity connection – RAPDRP Area or Non-RAPDRP Area. Register your account in the RAPDRP area portal to apply for a new connection. For the Non-RAPDRP Area, just fill out the application form.
Q. Where can I approach if my complaint is not resolved by MESCOM?
A. Customers of MESCOM can lodge grievances to Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF), MESCOM against the final order or issue that is not resolved by MESCOM. Further, you can approach the Electricity Ombudsman, Karnataka.
- Mangalore Electricity Supply Company
- Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, MESCOM
- Electricity Ombudsman, Karnataka