Pune Municipal Corporation is an urban self-governing body that is responsible for the administration and citizen-centric services within the Pune metropolitan city. It is governed by the Greater Mumbai Municipal Corporation Act of 1949. Since 1950 PMC is serving citizens by ensuring the implementation of civic body policies and providing basic civic body services by building/maintaining the basic public infrastructure.
The administration of Pune Municipal Corporation is divided into 48 zones. The total jurisdiction area is about 340.45 sq. km. with a population of more than 50 lakhs. This ensures faster and more efficient public services of the municipality to provide maximum benefit to the residents of the city. If you have any problem with these municipal services then use the helplines to report or file a complaint to the respective departments.
|Notice - Be alert! Don't disclose the financial or banking details and don't share OTP with any customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.|
The Zones and Its Wards Office of Pune Municipal Corporation:
- DMC Zone 1:
- Yeravada Kalas Dhanori, Dhole Patil Road, and Nagar Road.
- DMC Zone 2:
- Shivajinagar – Ghole Road, Aundh – Baner, and Kothrud – Bawdhan.
- DMC Zone 3:
- Warje – Karvenagar, Sinhgad Road, and Dhankawadi – Sahakar Nagar.
- DMC Zone 4:
- Wanawadi – Ramtekadi, Hadapsar – Mundhwa, and Kondhwa – Yewalewadi.
- DMC Zone 5:
- Bhavani Peth, Bibwewadi, and Kasaba Vishram Bagwada.
The major civic body & public utility services of this municipal corporation are general administration within Pune city, drafting and implementing social welfare schemes, e-governance services, solid waste management (garbage), protecting the nature and environment, collection of various taxes (property, local body, etc.), engineering (road, water, streetlight, etc.), health & emergency services, etc.
List of Major Civic Services of Respective Departments of PMC:
- General Administration – The services that come are conducting city census and election, labour welfare office, municipal secretary for administration, and Vehicle Depot.
- Solid Waste Management – The major services are collecting garbage, wall painting, implementation of a zero garbage model, management of community toilets, cleanliness of solid waste, etc.
- Revenue and Finance – Collection of the local body, professional, and property tax along with management of expenses and revenue of the PMC. For finance – chief account and finance office.
- Nature and Environment – The EV cell that drafts and implements initiatives to protect the environment, garden, tree, and zoo. Other services related to the environment.
- Engineering – Building, development, and maintenance of the basic infrastructure of the public utilities like water supply & pumping, educational institutes (schools), roads, streetlights, Pune Metro, buildings, electrical, etc. The other cells are also available like culture centres, heritage cells, drainage management, etc.
- Social Welfare – to implement various government schemes like Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, and other initiatives. For these schemes, Social Development Department is responsible.
- Health – Department of Health, PMC ensures basic facilities like hospitals, clinics, cleanliness, initiatives to protect from diseases, etc. Another cell is Medical Education Trust, PMC.
- Emergency Services – The Disaster management cell and fire brigade are available 24×7 to protect the residents from any critical and dangerous emergency in the city.
If any resident of Pune is facing any form of problem or issue with these services then call the toll-free citizen helpline number to report the concerns to the representative office of the respective departments or the Wards. Citizens may also WhatsApp or e-mail to register a complaint about the civic body services to Pune Municipal Corporation.
You may file an online complaint to the respective departments by the mobile app or grievance portal of PMC. This will save time & effort and track the status of the registered complaint. The issues will be resolved as per the given timeline within the citizen charter.
Note – Complaints not resolved or not satisfied with redressal? Don’t worry! You may lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance Cell or joint commissioner of the respective departments of the municipal corporation. Further, in tier-3, the Department of Urban Development, Govt. of Maharashtra is the nodal authority where you may approach to get redressal of the critical issues.
How to File a Complaint to Pune Municipal Corporation?
Every citizen has the right to access quality public services without any interruption or weak governing administrative system. So, Pune Municipal Corporation provides a good governance administrative system to ensure the benefits of the civic body services can be reached by each section of the society. The e-governance initiative is decreasing the efforts by providing an integrated and comprehensive citizen complaint redressal system.
Any resident who is struggling with the lack of quality work or issues with the public services then registers a complaint using the available support facilities like the toll-free citizen helpline number or WhatsApp number of the municipal corporation or its wards. There are many other alternatives that citizens may use to raise concerns to the respective departments.
Ways to File a Complaint to Pune Municipal Corporation:
- The Citizen Helpline Number & WhatsApp
- Written Complaint Application
- By submitting an Online Complaint
- Public Grievance Cell – for unredressed/unsatisfactory complaints
- Vigilance Officer – Report unethical practices
- Sexual Harassment Cell for Women
First, you can call the representative officers of the respective department by toll-free helpline numbers of the centralised control room or may WhatsApp your issue by sending a message. The second method is to file an online complaint on the mobile app of PMC or the grievance registration portal.
Citizens can submit a written complaint application to the reception or the respective departments of the PMC head office, zonal offices, or concerned Ward offices of the municipal corporation. Within the application mention your name, address, contact number, description of the issue with a title, and list of attached documents.
You may also call on the helpline numbers of the control rooms of the Ward offices of your concerned zone to report any issues related to public facilities, health, education, and basic amenities.
To report the issues related to the unethical & corrupt practices (harassment, asking bribery, or misuse of power) conducted by the officers/employees of the corporation, you may directly call or e-mail the Vigilance Officer of the municipal corporation of Pune.
Sexual Harassment Cell, PMC: Any employee/officer of the Pune Municipal Corporation who is suffering or facing any form of sexual harassment or threats by any official member/ officer/ employee, can instantly report to the appointed member of the Internal Complaints Committee of the Sexual Harassment Cell, PMC. This issue must be submitted to the committee within 3 months of the last incident.
Remember, It is compulsory for every institution or organisation to constitute a cell to redress the issues related to sexual harassment.
Note – Have you not been satisfied or have issues related to public/civic body services not been resolved? Escalate or lodge a written grievance to the Public Grievance Cell or Commissioner of the municipal corporation. You may also write to the joint commissioners of the respective department or the zonal commissioners of your concerned zones and Wards.
PMC Helpline Number
Citizens may use the toll-free citizen helpline number of the municipal corporation that operates every day between 7.00 AM to 11.00 PM for essential civic body services and to file a complaint about any interruption or issue. You may also use the contact numbers of the different ward control rooms to report any concerns of the respective zones.
Citizens may also use the helpline numbers for COVID information, non-COVID health emergency, hospital booking or any other emergency services within the Pune metropolitan city. You may seek help or raise your concern to the concerned official departments/ institutions by using the support/contact numbers or other active helplines.
Citizen Helpline Number of Pune Municipal Corporation for Queries/Complaints:
|Toll-Free PMC Complaint Number||18001030222|
|Extra Bill/ Tax/Payment Helpline Number||+912025502115|
|PMC Disaster Management Cell Helpline Number||+912025506800|
|E-mail (Property Tax)||[email protected]|
|PMC Officers’ Contact Numbers||Click Here|
Tips – For Free Water Meter Installation in Pune, Make a call using the helpline number – +912025501383 to save money and usage of water under this scheme of Pune Municipal Corporation.
Health & Corona Helpline Numbers of PMC: Call on these helpline numbers for hospital booking, non-covid health emergencies, and ambulance services within Pune city.
|Type of Service/Issue||Helpline Number|
|Book A Hospital Bed||+912025502110, +912067801500|
|WhatsApp: +919049271217, +919049271034|
|Corona Helpline for Ambulance||+919689939381, 108|
|Corona Helpline for Hearse Van||+919689939628, +912024503211|
|COVID-19 Vaccination Technical Support||+912025502114|
|Non-COVID Health (comorbid) Emergency (24×7)||+912025506801, +912025506802|
|Other Helpline Numbers of PMC||Click Here|
Note – If you have any Covid symptoms, want to seek help for home quarantine, or instantly need to be hospitalised then call the helpline number of DRM Cell, Pune – +912025506800, +912025506801, +912025506802, and +912025506803 or Naidu Hospital, Pune at – +9120255060300 to report or seek help.
Ambulance Helpline Numbers of the Hospitals in Pune for Maternity Patients:
|Hospital in Pune||Ambulance Helpline Number|
|Kamla Nehru Hospital||+912025508500, +912025508609|
|Sonawane Hospital||+912025506100, +912025506108|
You may use these helpline numbers to seek help for citizen-centric civic body services and any health emergency.
Note – If not satisfied or civic body/public services are not redressed within the time limit as per the citizen charter then write/lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance Cell or designated higher authority of the municipal corporation.
Officers’ Contact Numbers, Pune Municipal Corporation
The official contact numbers and other contact details of the nodal officers, commissioners, and ward offices of the Pune Municipal Corporation are where you may seek help if your issues are not redressed within the given time limit by the respective departments.
Before calling or emailing these officers, you may file an online complaint to get redressal of your problems related to civic services.
I. Pune Municipal Corporation Office:
|Phone Number||+912025501000, +912025501130 (security)|
|Address||Pune Municipal Corporation Main Building, Near Mangla Theatre, Shivajinagar, Pune – 411005.|
II. Municipal Commissioner Office, PMC:
|Address||Municipal Commissioner Office, PMC Main Building, Near Mangla Theatre, Shivajinagar, Pune – 411005.|
To view the contact numbers of the other departments, click out – PMC Officers’ Contacts
PMC Zone No. 1
I. Deputy Commissioner, PMC Zonal Office-1:
|Phone Number||+912025597320, +919689931401|
|Address||Deputy Commissioner, PMC Zonal Office-1, Let. B.S. Dhole Patil Market Building, 2nd Floor, Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Path, Pune 411001.|
II. Assistant Commissioner of Ward Offices, PMC Zone-1:
|Ward Office, Zone 1||Phone Number & E-mail|
|Yeravada Kalas Dhanori||+912025509100, +919689931666|
|Dhole Patil Road||+912026141470, +919689931712|
|Nagar Road – Vadgaonsheri||+912025509000, +919689934261|
PMC Zone No. 2
I. Deputy Commissioner Office, PMC Zone-2:
|Phone Number||+912025501596, +919689931499|
|Address||Deputy Commissioner, PMC Zonal Office-2, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Cultural Bhawan, Ground Floor, Shivaji Nagar Pune-411005.|
II. Assistant Commissioner of Ward Offices, PMC Zone-2:
|Ward Office, Zone 2||Phone Number & E-mail|
|Shivajinagar – Ghole Road||+912025501500, +919689931932|
|Aundh – Baner||+912025597100, +919689935848|
|Kothrud – Bawdhan||+912025501600, +919689931287|
PMC Zone No. 3
I. Deputy Commissioner, PMC Zonal Office-3:
|Phone Number||+912025501591, +919689931492|
|Address||Deputy Commissioner Office of PMC Zone No. 3, Let. Shivajirao Dhare Udyog Bhawan, 2nd Floor, Tilak Road, Pune – 411030.|
II. Assistant Commissioner of Ward Offices, PMC Zone No. 3:
|Ward Office, Zone 3||Phone Number & E-mail|
|Warje – Karvenagar||+912025597700, +919689931278|
|Sinhgad Road||+912024606300, +919689931876|
|Dhankawadi – Sahakar Nagar||+912025508904, +919689934691|
PMC Zone No. 4
I. Deputy Commissioner Of Zone No. 4, PMC:
|Phone Number||+912025508015, +919689931422|
|Address||Deputy Commissioner of Zone No. 4 Office, Let. Shivajirao Dhare Udyog Bhawan, 2nd Floor, Tilak Road, Pune- 411030.|
II. Assistant Commissioner of Ward Offices, PMC Zone No. 4:
|Ward Office, Zone 4||Phone Number & E-mail|
|Wanawadi – Ramtekadi||+912025506250, +919689931979|
|Hadapsar – Mundhwa||+912026821092, +912026821093|
|Kondhwa – Yewalewadi||+912025508800|
PMC Zone No. 5
I. Deputy Commissioner Of Zone No. 5, PMC:
|Phone Number||+912025508092, +919689931759|
|Address||Deputy Commissioner Of Zone No. 5 Office, Let. Shivajirao Dhare Udyog Bhawan, 2nd Floor, Tilak Road, Pune- 411030.|
II. Assistant Commissioner of Ward Offices, PMC Zone No. 5:
|Ward Office, Zone 5||Phone Number & E-mail|
|Bhavani Peth||+912026437040, +912026437041|
|Kasaba Vishram, Bagwada||+912024431461, +919689931256|
These are the contact details of the officers of different administrative zones and ward offices where you may raise concerns related to unredressed or unresolved registered complaints.
Tips – Before contacting these nodal officers, first you should register your complaints by using the toll-free citizen helpline number or file an online complaint to the municipal corporation of Pune.
May Be Helpful: MSEDCL – Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited
File an Online Complaint
The complaint management system of Pune Municipal corporation has made it easy to report any issues related to civic body services, payment of taxes, and other public utilities of the corporation. Citizens can use the integrated online portal and Pune Connect Mobile App to file an online complaint by filling out an online form.
Your issues will be automatically escalated to the respective departments and the designated nodal officer or head of the department will ensure that the reported problems or concerns must be resolved within the given time limit (as per the citizen charter).
The Links to File an Online Complaint to Pune Municipal Corporation:
|Register an Online Complaint to PMC||File a Complaint|
|Lodge Complaint by PMC Care||Register Now|
|Track Complaint Status||Track Now|
|PMC Complaint Management System||Click Here|
|Mobile App||Android | iOS|
|Social Media||Twitter | Facebook|
|PMC Apps List||Click Here|
Note – If your registered complaints are not resolved or not satisfied with the final redressal/resolution then you may lodge a grievance by written application or e-mail to the Public Grievance Cell, PMC and further to the Department of Urban Development, Govt. of Maharashtra.
Follow the steps to file an online complaint by filling out the online grievance form at the Complaint Management System of PMC and the PMC care portal.
Step 1: Visit the link from the table above to register a citizen account at the complaint management and PMC Care portal to file an online complaint.
Step 2: To register as a citizen, create an account by filling out the required information (e-mail and mobile number). If already have an account, log in by using your e-mail and password.
Step 3: From the dashboard, click lodge a complaint option from the menu to open an online complaint form. Fill out the form by providing the following mandatory information:
- Category – Select the Complaint Category and type of complaint.
- Description – Provide a description of the issue with hints of evidence or proof that you have attached/uploaded.
- Address – Enter the complaint location, landmark, and Ward office of the concerned zone.
- Attachments – Upload the supporting documents or images of the proof or any incident that you want to report to the concerned department. The acceptable format of the files are jpg, jpeg, png, or pdf (maximum 3 files with max size of each 3 MB).
Step 4: Finally, submit the online grievance form and note down the appeared reference/token number to track the status of this registered complaint. If not resolved then you may use this token no. to escalate it to the higher grievance redressal authorities/officers of PMC.
Citizen-Centric Online Services
Major citizen-centric online services of PMC that residents of Pune can access like payment of bills/taxes, registration of birth & death certificates, approval of the building, NOC certificates from the fire department, application for zone certificates, for new water supply and drainage connection, vendor/trade licenses, and other welfare schemes (doorstep services, DBT, PMAY, etc.).
Pay Online Bills/Taxes to Pune Municipal Corporation:
|Type of Bill/Tax||Payment Link|
|Pay Property Tax||Pay Now|
|Pay Water Bill||Pay Now|
|Pay Slum Tax Bill||Pay Now|
Important Online Citizen-Centric Services of PMC:
|Type of Service||Links|
|Apply Online for Building Approval||Apply Now|
|Online Marriage Certificate||Apply Now|
|Apply for Online Vendor Registration||Click Here|
|All Citizen Services of PMC||Click Here|
|Social Development Schemes||View/Apply|
|Online Civic Body Services||Click Here|
To know more services of PMC, you may visit the link online civic body services of PMC from the table above.
Public Grievance Cell, PMC
The Public Grievance Cell of Pune Municipal Corporation is the higher grievance redressal authority that consists of the deputy/joint commissioners of the different departments and the commissioner of the municipal corporation.
If your registered complaints are not redressed within the given time limit or got an unsatisfactory response/resolution then you may write a grievance application to the head of the concerned department or the municipal commissioner or e-mail your concern with the reference/token number of the previously registered complaints.
Provide the following information in the written grievance application:
- Name, contact number, and address of the complainant/applicant.
- The subject of the complaint or issue.
- Brief description of the unsatisfactory or unresolved issues with hints of evidence & proof.
- Complaint/token number of the previously registered complaint.
- Attach copies of the supporting documents or any other evidence and response of the officers (if any).
Submit this written grievance letter to the head office of the concerned department/zonal officer or commissioner office of the headquarter of the municipal corporation. You may also send it by post to the official address mentioned here:
Address: Municipal/Joint Commissioner, Public Grievance Cell
Commissioner Office, Pune Municipal Corporation Main Building, Near Mangla Theatre, Shivajinagar, Pune – 411005.
Phone No: +912025501000, +912025501103
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]
Fax No: 02025501104
Tips – After the successful submission of your grievance application at the grievance counter of head office, ask for an acknowledgement receipt as proof of submission. If you have sent it by post, wait for 5-7 days to get a response from the PMC office.
Lodge an Online Grievance
If your registered complaint is not resolved or not satisfied by the final decisions delivered by the Pune Municipal Corporation then you may lodge an online grievance to the Department of Urban Development (Dept. of UD), Government of Maharashtra by the Aaple Sarkar Grievance Redressal Portal, Govt. of Maharashtra.
Links to Lodge an Online Grievance to Aaple Sarkar Grievance Redressal Portal:
|Lodge an Online Grievance to Dept. of UD||Lodge Your Grievance|
|Track Grievance Status||Track Now|
|Aaple Sarkar Helpline Number||18001208040|
|Officers’ Contact Numbers||Click Here|
Visit the link as mentioned above and enter your mobile number and e-mail to verify the OTP as a citizen. Enter the required information in the online grievance form and upload the supporting documents or images of the incident/proof.
Also, mention the reference/token number of the previously registered complaint to the PMC office or respective departments. After successful submission, note down the token number to track the status of the grievance.
Tips – If issues are not resolved or not satisfied with the response then you may escalate it to the secretary-level officer of the Department of Urban Local Bodies from the Mantralaya category of Aaple Sarkar Grievance Redressal Portal. Further, you may approach the concerned tribunals or Lokayukta of Maharashtra for corruption/unethical cases.
Vigilance Office, PMC
The Chief Vigilance Office/Director of the Vigilance Department is the nodal officer who is responsible for the complaints related to the unethical and corrupt practices of the employees or officers of the Pune Municipal Corporation.
Citizens may directly call or report to the Vigilance Officer about the misuse of power, and corrupt practices (bribery, harassment, threatening, and other unethical practices). For this write an application to the CVO/Deputy Commissioner (Vigilance) with the following details:
- Name of the complainant or submit anonymously (without revealing names).
- Description of the issue and name of the employee/officer.
- Attach document proof, images, video links, etc.
Finally, submit the application to the Vigilance Department or contact the CVO at:
Address: Deputy Commissioner/CVO, Vigilance Department,
Vigilance Office, Pune Municipal Corporation Main Building, Near Mangla Theatre, Shivajinagar, Pune – 411005.
Phone No: +919822003119, 18001030222
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]
Fax No: 02025501104
Tips – If not satisfied or no action has been taken by the Vigilance Department of PMC then you may file an online complaint or report to the Lokayukta of Maharashtra about the unethical practices.
Issues Related to Civic Services
The list of issues related to the citizen-centric civic body services and basic amenities can be resolved by the municipal corporation of Pune.
- Health, Public Toilets & Waste Management:
- Report the issues related to road sweeping, garbage collection/disposal, solid waste management, garbage depot, and cleanliness in public toilets within the Pune metropolitan city.
- Other complaints related to health like hospital management or lack of cleanliness, non-availability of doctors/medicines in municipal hospitals/public clinics, immunization, treatments, health schemes, etc.
- Complaints regarding fogging, Mosquito nuisance, hyacinth in rivers, and spreading diseases like Dengue, Malaria, communicable diseases, etc. Report if required any help for Aids control.
- File a complaint against the bogus doctors, the conduct of illegal sonography for sex determination, and other issues related to PCPNDT.
- Complaints regarding the non-burning streetlight, demand for new lights, crematorium electric work, removal/request for new pole, damaged pole/wires, or any other electrical issues.
- Report to the PMC if replacement of missing/damaged manholes, any leakage drainage water in nalla/river, required to clean the overflowing or choked drains, and other complaints related to the septic tank, sewerage water/pipelines, etc.
- Water Supply:
- Issues related to the no water supply, overflow/wastage of water, low water pressure in the entire area or individual level, any pipeline/valve leak or damage, problems within the water meter or request for the new installation of the meter, or contaminated/polluted water supply.
- Roads & Bridges:
- Report to the concerned department of the municipal corporation issues related to the requirement of repairing the roads/footpaths, water loggings on water, potholes, making or removal of any speed breaker, the requirement of the zebra crossing, making of new bridges/subway/pedestrian or required any maintenance, or other problems related to roads, bridges, pavements, etc.
- Building Permission & Encroachment:
- Complaints related to unauthorized buildings/construction/development, non-acceptance or rejection of building permission requests, etc.
- Report the issues related to the illegal hawkers/stalls/huts/workshops/garage on footpaths/roads, any illegal structures on public roads or premises, noise pollution, etc.
- Any unauthorized hoarding/banner/advertisement or public/private property, storage of explosives, or workshop/machinery without any licenses.
- Garden & Public Property Management:
- Report the issues related to the gardens like the requirement/maintenance of equipment/jogging track, plants, lights/halogens or other electrical facilities, and other issues related to the management of parks and gardens of the municipal corporation of Pune.
- Issues related to the tree authority, city development plan, heritage cell, bhavan, vehicle department, transports, cultural departments, sports, etc.
- Any other complaints related to the property tax, payment of bills/taxes, social welfare schemes (PMAY, social development schemes, etc.), birth & death registration, marriage certificates, issues of stray/dead animals, etc.
- Complaints of all the issues related to the public utilities and civic body services (except those listed above) of Pune Municipal Corporation.
Frequently Asked Questions about PMC
Q. What is the citizen helpline number of Pune Municipal Corporation?
A. The Toll-free citizen helpline of the municipal corporation of Pune is 18001030222 and the WhatsApp number is +919689900002 which can be used to file a complaint about civic services. You may also e-mail [email protected] to report your concerns.
Q. Where can I complain about the issues related to the extra bill/payment of property/other taxes of PMC?
A. You may call the revenue department by using the helpline number – +912025502115 for any complaints related to extra bill/tax payments or e-mail – [email protected] for issues related to the property taxes.
Q. Where can I approach if my complaints are not resolved by the PMC officers?
A. First you may lodge a written grievance to the Public Grievance Cell of PMC consisting of deputy commissioners of the concerned department or municipal commissioner. Further, you may lodge an online grievance to the Department of Urban Local Bodies by using the Aaple Sarkar Grievance Redressal Portal of the Government of Maharashtra.
- Citizen Charter, Pune Municipal Corporation
- Ward Information – PMC
- Right to Service – PMC
- EFAQs – PMC
- Pune Datastore, Open Data – PMC
- Citizen Charter, Engineering Department – PMC
- Grievance Redressal User Manual – Aaaple Sarkar, Govt. of Maharashtra