Since 1899 CESC Limited has been generating and distributing electricity/power in Kolkata & Howrah regions. It provides electricity services to 3.4 million customers in the categories of domestic, industrial, and commercial. CESC Ltd is the main distributor of power supply.
The consumers of the CESC sometimes face electricity interruptions and other issues in the regions of Kolkata & Howrah. The issues can be power supply outages, failure of the transformer, electricity bill payment or billing issues, arrears, and other types of complaints.
|Notice - Be alert! Don't share the financial or banking details and don't share OTP to customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.
The official helplines are provided by CESC Ltd to get redressal of the issues listed above. You can register an electricity complaint using verified helpline numbers, official customer care numbers, e-mails, and online portals.
Divisions of CESC Limited for Electricity Supply in Kolkata and Howrah:
- Central Region
- Howrah Region
- North Region
- North Suburban
- South Region
- South West Region
Complaint Registration Fee & Redressal Time Limit:
|Electricity Complaint Registration Fee
|No Charges (0)
|Grievance Redressal Time
|Immediate (24×7) or up to 60 days (depending on the issue)
Tips – Electricity Complaint not resolved or unsatisfied? You may lodge a grievance to the CGRF Forum of CESC Ltd in Kolkata.
Helplines of Electricity Board, CESC Limited to Lodge Complaints About Electricity Services
CESC Limited has provided various helplines and customer care numbers for their customers. You can use toll-free customer care numbers, LT & HT helpline numbers, WhatsApp numbers, and e-mails from Electricity Board, CESC (Kolkata) to lodge your complaint. Customers can also register an online complaint by using the portals of CESC.
Required Details to Register Electricity Complaint on Helpline Numbers:
- Consumer Connection Number
- Name, address, and contact number of the complainant or consumer
- Category and description of the issue/complaint.
Electricity Helpline Numbers, and Customer Care Numbers of CESC Electricity Board in Kolkata & Howrah to Register Complaints:
|CESC Ltd Electricity Complaint Numbers
|LT Helpline Numbers
|HT Helpline Numbers
|SMS Based Number (Supply Outage)
(type ‘CESC<space><Consumer Number>’
Other Official Contact Numbers:
|Regional Office Contact Numbers
|District Office Contact Numbers
Tips – If your electricity complaint is not resolved within the time limit or unsatisfied with the response of CESC then you may approach CGRO or the CGRF Forum of CESC in Kolkata.
Register Online Electricity Complaint to CESC Limited, Kolkata
Customers can use the online portal of CESC Limited to register an online complaint about the issues of electricity services that are usually faced by them. You can visit the links that are provided in the table below and open the online complaint form to fill it out. Submit the form and note down the reference or docket number to track the status of your online complaint.
Important Links to the Portals of CESC Limited to Lodge Online Electricity Complaints of Kolkata & Howrah Region:
|Register Online Electricity Complaint
|Report Power Supply Off (Outage)
|Report Online Electricity Power Theft
|Register/Login Account of CESC
|CESC Mobile App
|Android | iOS
|Twitter | Facebook
Tips – If the electricity complaint is unresolved within the given time or unsatisfied with the final order then lodge a grievance to the CGRF Forum of CESC.
Apply for the new connection, pay bill amount, solar rooftop panel, schemes for the pending electricity bills & arrears, and other online electricity services. You can visit the links below to get these online services of CESC.
Links to Online Electricity Services:
|Pay Online Electricity Bill
|Apply for New Connection
|Solar Rooftop Panel Scheme
|Online Name Change
Lodge Grievance to Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of CESC Limited
The Electricity Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF), CESC Limited is an authority where consumers can lodge a grievance if their electricity complaint is not resolved by the CESC customer care team or officials within the time limit or unsatisfied with the final response. Your issue will be resolved by the concerned Grievance Redressal Officer (GRO) or Central Grievance Redressal Officer (CGRO) of CESC.
- Write an application in the given format or fill out all the required information:
- Name, phone number, address, and connection number of the consumer
- Name and address of the concerned division of IPCL
- Reference/Docket number of registered complaint
- Brief description and details of proof about the issue/complaint
- Type of relief from the forum
- Attach all the supportive documents and docket numbers of the previous complaints to CESC.
- Send the grievance form to the official address of your concerned CGRF’s GRO or CGRO office.
Address and Contact Details of the CGRF Forum, CESC Ltd in Kolkata
1. LT Grievance Redressal Officers
|Address, E-mail, and Phone No.
|226 A & B APC Road,
|32 B.T. Road,
|433/1 G.T. Road(N),
|6 Mandeville Gardens,
|P-18 Taratolla Road,
|CESC House, Chowringhee Square,
2. HT Grievance Redressal Officers
|GRO Office Address
|Phone No. and E-mail
|Customer Relations Dept., CESC House
|13 Biplabi Anukul Chandra St.,
5th Floor – Mains Department,
Kolkata – 700072.
3. Central Grievance Redressal Officers
|CGRO Office Address
|Phone No. and E-mail
Tips – If your grievance is not redressed within 30 to 45 days by the CGRF forum of CESC or dissatisfied with the final order then you can approach the Electricity Ombudsman of WBERC, West Bengal.
File Petition to Electricity Ombudsman (WBERC), West Bengal
The Electricity Ombudsman of the West Bengal Electricity Regulatory Commission is the highest authority for the cases of registered electricity distributor licensees in West Bengal. Consumers can file a petition to Electricity Ombudsman if their grievance is not redressed by the CGRF Forum of CESC within 30 days or not satisfied with the final order.
- The petition must be filed within 20 days after the expiry grievance redressal of the time limit of CGRF of CESC or after getting the final order.
- You must attach a copy of the submitted grievance application form to the CGRF Forum.
- Attach a copy of the response or final order to the CGRF forum of CESC (If available).
- Download the representation/petition form of the Electricity Ombudsman: Download
- Fill out the required information or write an application in the given format.
- Attach all the documents mentioned in the above list.
- Submit it to the Electricity Ombudsman by post or visit yourself at the official address of WBERC.
Official Contact Details and Address of the Electricity Ombudsman (WBERC)
Office of the Ombudsman,
West Bengal Electricity Regulatory Commission,
(Appointed u/s 42(6) of the Electricity Act, 2003)
Plot No.-AH/5(2nd Floor), Premises No. Mar 16-1111
Action Area,1A, New Town, Rajarhat, Kolkata-700 163
Tips – If you are not satisfied with the final order of the Electricity Ombudsman, West Bengal then you may approach the higher authorities – the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity, the High Court of the State, and the Supreme Court of India.
Types of Electricity Issues
- Electricity Bill-related complaints – Payment issues, high or low average billing, change of tariff or security deposit fund, etc.
- Supply related – Temporary, pending repair, failure of power supply, High or low voltage of power supply, live wire issues.
- Electricity supply theft, streetlight complaints, and accident or emergency issues.
- New electricity connection or service connection related issues, power supply issues.
- Refund of money, online electricity bill, or invoice payment.
- Other issues and complaints about electricity services.
Frequently Asked Questions About CESC Limited
Q. Where can I approach if my electricity complaint is not resolved by CESC?
A. You have the option to lodge a grievance with CGRF Forum, CESC Limited in Kolkata & Howrah and further you can approach the Electricity Ombudsman, West Bengal.
Q. How can I track the status of the ongoing and scheduled power supply outage?
A. You can track the status of a power supply outage at ‘CESC Outage Information‘ and select your region.