Download the ComplaintHub App

Download the ComplaintHub App

BWSSB: How to Register a Complaint to Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board?


Didn't find any solution? Ask in Complaint Hub Citizen Community, we will help you.

Leave A Review

Customer Service
Quality of service or product
Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (Source:

The Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB) is an autonomous body established as per the Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board Act, 1964. BWSSB ensures water supply and sewage disposal with the jurisdiction of the entire Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) area of 800 sq km, Bangalore’s core, urban, and village areas.

Have complaints about the water services of BWSSB? Residents can register complaints about no water supply, unexpected water crises, billing issues, and pipeline maintenance or requests for water supply, new connection, and rainwater harvesting assistance. For this, you can call the toll-free Bangalore water helpline number, send an email, or file a complaint online to BWSSB.

Notice - Be alert! Don't share the financial or banking details and don't share OTP to customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.

Complain about these BWSSB of Bangalore:

  • Bill payments
  • No water supply
  • New connection
  • NOC for water connection
  • Rainwater Harvesting
  • Water Quality
  • Purchase of Treated water from STP
  • Bangalore Jalarushi Puraskara
  • Water crisis (Emergency)
  • Broken pipelines
  • Other water issues

If your water supply complaints are not resolved, escalate to the appointed Engineer in chief or Chairmen of the Board.

How to File a Complaint to Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board?

As per the citizen charter of the Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board, the grievance redressal mechanism is divided into 3 levels.

Grievance Redressal:

Registration Fees No Charges (₹0)
Resolution Period within 3 days or up to 30 days (read citizen charter)

Levels of Escalation:

  • Level 1: Complaint to Designated Officer, BWSSB
    • Toll-free helpline number
    • Email
    • Online complaint registration
    • Write a complaint letter
  • Level 2: Escalate to the ACE, Divisional Office
  • Level 3: Appellate Officer, BWSSB at Urban Development Department

Please noteAs a consumer, you can file a consumer complaint to the National Consumer Helpline (NCH), Department of Consumer Affairs for violating consumer rights by the Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board.

Level 1: Complaint to Designated Officer, BWSSB

At level 1, citizens can register any complaint related to water supply, billings, illegal connections, and sewer problems with the Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB). To do so, they can call the toll-free customer care number of the BWSSB Control Room, email/WhatsApp, or make a complaint online to BWSSB.

Required details to file a water complaint with BWSSB:

  • RR/Connection Number
  • Contact details
  • Type of complaint (Subject)
  • Description of the issues such as billing, water, borewell, sewerage, to water waste management (WWM).
  • Attach supporting documents, if any

BWSSB Water Helpline Number

These are the water helpline number of the BWSSB Control Room:

BWSSB Complaint Number 1916
Sewerage/Septic tanks Helpline 14420
OCW Customer Care Number +918022238888

If not resolved, escalate the complaint to the divisional offices at level 2.

File an Online Complaint

Citizens can also register water supply complaints online to the Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB). To lodge complaints, use the details provided below to submit an online grievance.

Register a complaint to BWSSB:

Complain online to BWSSB File a complaint
Track status Click to track
New water connection Apply Now
Online water bill payment Quick Pay
Mobile App BWSSB
Android | iOS

After successful registration, please note down the reference/acknowledgement ID to track the status.

Still, not resolved? You may lodge a public grievance through the Janaspandana – IPGRS (Integrated Public Grievance Redressal System) of Karnataka.

Level 2: Lodge a Grievance to Appellate Officer, BWSSB (UDD)

As per the public grievance policy of the Government of Karnataka, residents of Bangalore can lodge a public grievance against the Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB) to the appointed Public Grievance Appellate Officer.

If your complaints related to water services or administration are not resolved to your satisfaction or within the given timeframe, you can register a citizen complaint to the Urban Development Department through the Janaspandana, an Integrated Public Grievance Redressal System (IPGRS) of the Government of Karnataka.

With the reference/acknowledgement ID of previously submitted complaints, visit the below link to lodge your grievance online.

Please note: After the successful submission of your grievance, don’t forget to note down the reference or ticket ID to track the status.

Some regulatory authorities where you can approach:

If your grievance is still not resolved, particularly for the water supply or utility-related issues of BWSSB, you may file a consumer complaint to the “Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (CDRC) of Karnataka.”

The disputes with the Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board may include violation of consumer rights, quality of utility/water services, higher billing amounts, or compensation for any monetary loss.


The BWSSB has an administrative structure headed by a Chairman, who is also the Principal Secretary to the Government, Urban Development Department. The Board consists of 18 members, including the Chairman, the Engineer-in-Chief, the Chief Accounts Officer, the Chief Administrative Officer, and other officials from various departments.

Administrative divisions, each headed by the Executive Engineer (EE) and respective sub-divisions of BWSSB in Bangalore are as follows:

  • Central: Sub-divisions are:
    • C1: High Grounds, Coles Park, Chikka Lalbagh
    • C2: Frazer Town, Machalibetta, Pillanna Garden
  • East 1: Sub-divisions are:
    • E-1-1: Hoodi, AECS Layout, Kundanahalli
    • E-1-2: Vignananagar, HAL Airport, Doddanekundi
    • E-1-3: Kadugodi, Nagagondanahalli, Siddapura
  • East 2: Sub-divisions are:
    • E-2-1: Indiranagar, Domlur, Jeevanbhima Nagar
    • E-2-2: CV Raman Nagar, Kaggadasapura, Malleshpalya
    • E-2-3: Ramamurthy Nagar, Kasturi Nagar, Banaswadi
  • North: Sub-divisions are:
    • N-1: Palace Guttahalli, Malleshwaram, Rajajinagar
    • N-2: Yeshwanthpur, Peenya, Jalahalli
    • N-3: Hebbal, Sanjay Nagar, Nagawara
  • North-East: Sub-divisions are:
    • NE-1: Shivajinagar, Vasanth Nagar, Benson Town
    • NE-2: HBR Layout, Kalyan Nagar, Hennur
    • NE-3: Horamavu, Kalkere, Ramamurthy Nagar
  • North-West: Sub-divisions are:
    • NW-1: Mahalakshmi Layout, Nandini Layout, Basaveshwaranagar
    • NW-2: Vijayanagar, Kamakshipalya, Nagarbhavi
    • NW-3: Kengeri, Rajarajeshwari Nagar, Uttarahalli
  • South: Sub-divisions are:
    • S-1: Jayanagar, JP Nagar, BTM Layout
    • S-2: Banashankari, Padmanabhanagar, Kumaraswamy Layout
    • S-3: Girinagar, Hosakerehalli, Chikkalsandra
  • South-East: Sub-divisions are:
    • SE-1: Koramangala, Ejipura, Adugodi
    • SE-2: HSR Layout, Bommanahalli, Singasandra
    • SE-3: Begur, Akshayanagar, Hulimavu
  • South-West: Sub-divisions are:
    • SW-1: Chamarajpet, Basavanagudi, Hanumanthanagar
    • SW-2: VV Puram, Kalasipalya, Chamrajpet
    • SW-3: Kengeri, Kumbalgodu, Rajarajeshwari Nagar

You can approach these divisional or sub-divisional offices to register your water-related complaints to BWSSB.


First published on:


Complaint Hub has verified all the information on the post. If you have not found any solution, or information related to your issue, or want guidance to get redressal of any unique problem/complaint then you can connect with us without any hesitation.

You can message us directly from our Contact Us page or mail us at SUPPORT - We will respond to you with the procedure and guidance for your issues to get a faster resolution.

Read the Terms and Conditions to use the information for any commercial or profit purpose (Don't violate the Terms of Use). All the information is provided for self-help and guidance to know the rights of the common people.


User Reviews (2)

May 3, 2024

Swimming Pool Water usage

Just noticed in an Apartment people are using Swimming pool at this water crisis situation in Splendid Lake Dews, Is that allowed?
xcyton diagnostics ltd ltd
Apr 24, 2024

last week no water

Dear sir pl check water is not come


Overall (0 out of 5)


PHED Water, Rajasthan

PHED: How to File Water Complaints in Rajasthan?


HMWSSB: How to File a Water Complaint to Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board?

Bangalore City Police Logo

Bangalore Police: How to File a Police Complaint and FIR to Bangalore City Police (BCP)?


GWSSB: How to Register a Water Complaint with Gujarat Water Supply and Sewerage Board


Just noticed in an Apartment people are using Swimming pool at this water crisis situation in Splendid Lake Dews, Is that allowed?Dear sir pl check water is not comeBWSSB: How to Register a Complaint to Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board?